What bib to buy?

Nickster

I am also a big Panda fan. Club kit gets maid with them. Good quality and very good fit!

The S7 Assos range is also very nice but it comes at a price

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all my bibs and shorts,my cannondale is by far the most comfortable and best fitting. At R 1700 best money I have ever spent.

Managed to snag a cheap pair of cannondale from CRC a couple months ago....also very comfortable and fit well

Hi, i am a newbee to this thing, so i would like some advise?

What are the positives and negatives using bibs compared to traditional type racing tights?

Vermarc going for approx. R1300.

Vermarc is by far the best - well for what I can afford.

:thumbup: Agree with this. I've had a pair that lasted for about 5 years (15000 km of riding approximately as I alternated with other pairs). They can be difficult to find in the shops though, but I think you can get them at bicyclegear.co.za.

What I like in particular is that the stitching on the edge of the chamios pins the edges down well - I've had comfort problems from other brands where the stitching allows the edge of the chamois to stick out.

Edited by Organic

Hi, i am a newbee to this thing, so i would like some advise?

What are the positives and negatives using bibs compared to traditional type racing tights?

Positve on the bibs.....no plumbers crack. They sit better i.e. the juwels dont move around that much.

Negatives....I don't know of any.

No....wait.....

If you have to take a "No 2"....the shirt and jacket needs to come off first.....depending how big the NEED TO GO is....this can be quite a BIG negative. hehehehe

Apart from that...

Not much use for a normal pair of cycling shorts.

I don't buy "brands" because I don't believe in the hype......sometimes however there is substance to the hype. I got given an Assos bib as a present because I am too cheap to buy one myself and have become a convert. I bought another 2 to facilitate washing on the JoBerg2C. I cannot wear other bibs anymore. Assos has changed my comfort on a bike forever.

Positve on the bibs.....no plumbers crack. They sit better i.e. the juwels dont move around that much.

Negatives....I don't know of any.

No....wait.....

If you have to take a "No 2"....the shirt and jacket needs to come off first.....depending how big the NEED TO GO is....this can be quite a BIG negative. hehehehe

Apart from that...

Not much use for a normal pair of cycling shorts.

Made me laugh.....thinking back to Berg & Bush a couple of years back watching my mate running into the bushes trying to get Camelbak and bib off in a hurry!

Must still get me a few in the S7 range

My current bibbies are still in good nick.

Bought quite a few S5s when the price dropped for the new range.

Which model would you recommend, Spinnekop & Patch'?

Edited by ' Dale

Must still get me a few in the S7 range

My current bibbies are still in good nick.

Bought quite a few S5s when the price dropped for the new range.

Which model would you recommend, Spinnekop & Patch'?

I got the T-Equipe ones. They seem to be the "middle option". The top of the line ones, seemed very thin and expensive. Not sure if I prefer the S5 though.... So maybe go try them, you might just stick with the S5s.

Looking to get some Panda kit made. Any feedback on them, looking to go for the premium chamois.

Thanks

Hahaha actually the S7 is slightly better in that department. Does sit much closer to the 0 though, so like a back cameltoe.