Cape Town Road Cycling Route Options

joshwgray

Hi All,

I'm new to road riding in Cape Town and I'm looking for road routes to ride.

I'm based in Century City and looking for some decent (and safe) routes to ride after work (4pm onwards).

For the mornings, I live in Claremont so any route suggestions from there would also be appreciated.

Hi All,

I'm new to road riding in Cape Town and I'm looking for road routes to ride.

I'm based in Century City and looking for some decent (and safe) routes to ride after work (4pm onwards).

For the mornings, I live in Claremont so any route suggestions from there would also be appreciated.

PM sent - nice to see some slummies guys here

Edited by JGR

Hay mate, There is a cycle path that can take you to Blouberg area... Blue peter and back from Century city area is +- 30km, then head towards CBD with cycle path also, take your time through town, into waterfront area then onto Campsbay and on to Houtbay, throw in Chappies and back, the Km's are yours to decide.

Hay mate, There is a cycle path that can take you to Blouberg area... Blue peter and back from Century city area is +- 30km, then head towards CBD with cycle path also, take your time through town, into waterfront area then onto Campsbay and on to Houtbay, throw in Chappies and back, the Km's are yours to decide.

You can carry on through Blouberg all the way to Koeburg on Otto Du Plessis Road. Round trip will be close to 80kms. Flat but nice roads and cycle paths. Edited by Dazshell

You can carry on through Blouberg all the way to Koeburg on Otto Du Plessis Road. Round trip will be close to 80kms. Flat but nice roads and cycle paths.

So flat you will see a dog run away for days! Beautiful route though cycled there in December, wind can make it tough though