Review: Spank Spike pedals

Iwan Kemp

When Spank set out to create the Spike flat pedals, they aimed to create a thin, lightweight platform pedal that could still withstand the kind of abuse dished out by amateurs and pros alike, week after week in all weather conditions.

Click here to view the article

Have used mine for 8+ months now with FiveTens and they are phenomenal in terms of comfort, grip and performance in all conditions.

Remarkable quality and they take a beating without complaint.

Would highly recommend to anyone ... BUT do wear shin guards as, when you run out of talent, you will discover that their bite is much worse than their bark ...!

I had mine for a couple of months but sold it. I found the peddal not "placed" close enought to the crank arm, resulting in them feeling to narrow.

Other than that no problems, nice and thin with proper lenght pins!

I've had mine for over a year now, great pedals, but they did squeak from the beginning and developed play after a few months of use

Importers are the same guys who do Hope & KS which means they will be available to order from your LBS

• 7 months later...

Have retired these last month after another 6 months of use on all sorts of bikes. Apart from a slight, occasional squeak from the left pedal they have been faultless. 

They have been replaced by Point1 Podiums and I already miss them. 

Have retired these last month after another 6 months of use on all sorts of bikes. Apart from a slight, occasional squeak from the left pedal they have been faultless. 

They have been replaced by Point1 Podiums and I already miss them. 

Out of interest i ask the following: Why replace? How long did they last? and if they are still good are you selling them?  :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

Out of interest i ask the following: Why replace? How long did they last? and if they are still good are you selling them?  :ph34r:

Time to try something new, simple as that. Bought Oct 2013