Adverse Analytical Finding - in-competition test

News bot

Cycling South Africa reports that veteran cyclist Hendrik Anderson (licence number: 14407) returned an adverse analytical finding in an in-competition test conducted by the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) on 25 October 2013 at the Cape Pioneer MTB event.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say it is nice to get this info after the hearing.. no need to speculate on guilty or not guilty.. done and dusted by the time we hear the news..

Soon SAIDS are going to start testing the bowls and croquet players at each and every old age home.

Soon SAIDS are going to start testing the bowls and croquet players at each and every old age home.

For Cappies and Coke?

Cycling South Africa reports that veteran cyclist Hendrik Anderson (licence number: 14407) returned an adverse analytical finding in an in-competition test conducted by the South African Institute for Drug-Free Sport (SAIDS) on 25 October 2013 at the Cape Pioneer MTB event.

Click here to view the article

Oct 2013 ??? . How far back do these okes go . Sorry , Sir , for the stuff I smoked/used during my army days.Sallie weerie. Edited by Tromp

Oct 2013 ??? . How far back do these okes go . Sorry , Sir , for the stuff I smoked/used during my army days.Sallie weerie.

And why take so long?

"It is approved as an appetite suppressant to help reduce weight in obese patients when used short-term and combined with exercise, diet, and behavioral modification. It is typically prescribed for individuals who are at increased medical risk due to their weight"

I think that SAIDS and cycling SA should spend more of their budget targeting professional cycling where sponsors and prize money is at stake. This is a waste of time. Was probably an old ballie trying to lose weight.

This stuff must make you fast or strong or something special. The side effects according to Wikipedia don't sound like fun:

Common (>1% incidence) adverse effects include:

• Xerostomia (dry mouth)
  • Restlessness
  • Nervousness
  • Euphoria
  • Agitation
  • Arrhythmia
  • Tachycardia
  • Hypertension
  • Diarrhea
  • Vomiting
  • Headache
  • Rash
  • Urinary frequency
  • Facial oedema
  • Unpleasant taste
  • Urticaria
  • Impotence
  • Changes in libido

Rare (<1% incidence) adverse effects include:

• Valvular heart disease (in combination with dexfenfluramine and fenfluramine; causal relationship unclear)

• Primary pulmonary hypertension
  • Increased seizure activity in people with epilepsy
  • Psychosis
  • Withdrawal symptoms on stopping
  • Dysphoria
  • Ischaemic events