Continental x king loosing shap

ngala24

I removed a xking that was on front on my 355 rims it ran true with no problems, put it onto a set of mavics.

Only to discover the thing had a big wobble once fitted, thought it hadn't seated properly so removed and tried again. Still same issue, took it to a friend who is ex pro mechanic and after several attempts still the same issue. It is definitely seated fully.

How has the tire lost its shape between been taken off one rim and placed onto another ?

I had a few race kings coming through my workshop that had the same probleme with them it appears that that casings are distorted had them replace by the local suppliers

Had a Mountain King 2.4 pick up a wobble during Berg and Bush last year. Lightly side swiped a grass polletjie and there it was. Thought I buckled the wheel (rim). However after inspection, the wheel was not the problem but the tire. Seems as if this might be a common thing with some Continentals.

Edited by BarHugger

I had a similar issue with a Race King a couple of months ago. It partially deflated after picking up a "puncture". I finished the ride with very low pressure. After that it would never regain its proper shape. I eventually ended up replacing it.

yip I have a Protection Conti I also swopped it and the it developed a serious wobble,

But its a pricy tyre so I have kept it on and I must have done at least a 1000k with the wobble.

Sort of getting sick of okes behind me telling me my rims bent.

Offroad its fine but on smooth tar I can feel the wobble.

I have a Mountain King on my bike that is wobbling at the moment. Also thought it was the wheel not running true but it was not the case. Even switched the tyre from back to front (had 2 MK's on the bike at that stage) but it made no difference. And yes, it is quite annoying. For now I will leave it because nothing else is wrong with the tyre.

Im riding my wobbly until its smooth,Did some riding in Hogsback with that tyre over very rocky terrain and no probs.

Also did the Knysna 80k

So for now it stays on.