Hero Adventure Takes over Kings Kloof Trails

HERO ADVENTURE TAKE OVER KINGS KLOOF VENUE

After careful consideration and negotiations with land owners, The Hero Adventure team can officially announce the take-over of the Kings Kloof Trails

The opportunity came our way as a result of the great reviews and development of Hero Adventure Park at Heia Safari. The Kings Kloof Trails on the west rand have been a favourite for locals in the area for a number of years but have needed an upgrade recently and unfortunately the trails were closed earlier this year.

Our vision of developing safe, quality adventure venues took another step forward with the request to look at taking over this venue. For us this presents another exciting challenge that we are looking forward to. We have had to carefully consider the decision ensuring that we can 1stly handle the challenge without any of our existing projects been affected negatively, but also ensure we can deliver an exciting new product to our customers, something that will take the Hero Brand to the next level.

What will Hero Kings Kloof Have?

Without giving too much away we will be developing a number of new trails that will include beginner, intermediate and more advanced routes. Downhill trails pump tracks and a host of other exciting developments are on the cards. As with Hero Adventure at Heia Safari, this venue will be a multisport venue catering for MTB, Trail Running, Hiking, Obstacle racing, Adventure Events and others.

When will it be open?

Redevelopment will take a considerable amount of time but we plan to open the 1st Phase before the end of the year and build from there.

Ideas and Suggestions

We would like to get feedback from locals and Hero Supporters, so hit us with all your ideas and suggestions on what you would like to see implemented and developed at Hero Kings Kloof

Memberships

We will be launching our Hero Adventure Membership in the next few weeks , more details will be released shortly but what we can tell you is that memberships will be blanket memberships that will give you access to all the facilities at all the parks for 1 price

Once again we would like to that all the people who continue to support Hero, without you this dream would not be, we look forward to many many more exciting times

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like kingskloof to remain technically challenging, the way it has been for the last couple of years.

It has a simple recipe of challenging the rider from start to finish. This must not be changed. The first time I went there,i could not believe that such challenging terrain could be ridden on a mountainbike i was utterly shattered, and the ride took the bettwer half of 3 hours. It was my mission to go back and master the trails, i went back for more again and again and again, like an addict.

To me this has been the appeal of the routes.

Trails are rocky and loose testing both fitness and skill at the same time, something i like because it adds to the experience.

I think the initiative to develop the routes and add some new sctions is great. The opportunity for enduro routes is vast.

Please, please do not "dumb down" the trails, leave the rocks where they are, make the climbs long and technical. Clear the overgrowth, contain the erosion and add distance, but that's about it.

1+ RocknRolla

Kings must stay our technical rocky trail.

I like the feel of Kings. It feels natural, not like it was built as a mtb park...

I am all for new trails there and the potential is huge!

But try and keep it rocky, technical and natural.

1+ RocknRolla

Kings must stay our technical rocky trail.

I like the feel of Kings. It feels natural, not like it was built as a mtb park...

I am all for new trails there and the potential is huge!

But try and keep it rocky, technical and natural.

Yes, you Nailed it. Natural - you can have a full carpark, and still ride the trails without running into (or passed by) too much traffic.

Just one thing, maybe just me, but your turns at Heia feels very off camber and not nicely shaped.

At Thaba I can take a turn amd lean into it. At Heia it feels like the bike is going to lose grip.

Is this just me?

it's the marbles - those little stones has my bum gripping onto the saddle tighter than a two year old on a chocolate bar.

Another note from me, the first river crossing can do with a bridge (the one that washed a way was cool) but the other two crosings are fine the way they are - no bridges needed.

Guest notmyname

I agree with the above suggestions for kk. Please keep the feel as is. I really liked the mental and physical workout offered by those trails.

The Cow pooop is like mud before the one gate..not as cool as riding mud. also mabie build some more wooden structures to jump and ride over..nice, high ones.. also there is a sign above a small step up that you can smash your head on that needs to be moved, other than that we love the technical rocks, cut legs , damaged bikes..Kings kloof and Breedts nek make for a good tough outing before returning to the Spruit:) Cant wait to taste the Cappuccinos

Edited by Undun

Kings Kloof is possibly one of the best places to ride around Joburg and definitely my personal favorite. We have ridden there countless times, and you can't beat the feeling of been the only riders out there. The technical, fast, rocky downhills and bit of enduro section is what makes kings what it is. Although it will be good that the tracks are cleaned up a bit, I really hope that the course will not be mellowed out to suit beginner riders. It's a place you go for a challenge and to get beaten up whilst enjoying nature. I really hope you add even more rocky downhills and technical climbs. Please leave the river crossings and rocks as they are!!

What I especially liked about kings Kloof were the bushes on the side of the wooden bridge structure over the fence. I came off over the side and landed nice and softly in the bushes.

Good bush placing!!

Like the others have said I also like the natural feel of the trails and it is such an awesome place! I reccon all you should do is a DH track and thats it. Good luck guys!

Just one thing, maybe just me, but your turns at Heia feels very off camber and not nicely shaped.

At Thaba I can take a turn amd lean into it. At Heia it feels like the bike is going to lose grip.

Is this just me?

I haven't ridden at Heia myself, but I was told by a very good trail builder who rode there recently that the trails have no flow whatsoever. He said the shape of the downhill corners was too sharp and the contours haven't really been used properly.

Hhmmmm.....all good ideas. I like the technical trails, and the climbs are awesome at Kings, so please don't turn it into a Northern Farm. There are more than enough of those around. The area is perfect for more Enduro type of trails with long down hill sections, so please, pretty please, built more of those type of trails.

I think the key to success for these parks are the fact that the entire family can be entertained at the same time. Kids needs to have a small trail to keep them busy, while some parents can enjoy a cappuccino at the same time, and maybe a chow after the ride.

Edited by Jakkals77