Momsen Vipa Stolen in Stellenbosch

Geraldek

someone needs to get hold of the OP to follow down this hot lead. looks like he hasn't been on the hub since posting, and you can bet your bottom dollar that the guy behind the deleted adverts is covering his tracks now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all of you for your help! These parts look very,very much like those off the bike, also a very familiar fork posted on Gtree. Being a newbie to this environment, the way forward please?

Thanks all of you for your help! These parts look very,very much like those off the bike, also a very familiar fork posted on Gtree. Being a newbie to this environment, the way forward please?

Edited by Edge_Design

Ive said it before. Stolen bikes are being stripped for parts. Drive through kaiyamandi yesterday and saw kids walking/playing with 29er tyres. The other day "MALES" with rims in their hands heading to a scrap dealer

If you are pretty confident the parts are from your bike innocently contact the ad and say you are interested, ask if you can view the stuff, try get as much info without sounding shady, tel number, maybe address, be keen, like "I really need the parts for a bike build etc, have the cash, can we met later today, don't want to loose the deal to someone else". I'd even try get the price down first, which may be indicative itself if the guy is legit, he may offer to let the parts go for stupid prices. If that is the case ask if there's anything wrong with the stuff, he might spill a few beans trying to explain what good condition they are in. Don't get to carried away though, the guy may smell a trap and run.

Then go to the police station where you reported the original theft, tell them you have found the bike in parts on gumtree and you have the guys contact details and can arrange to met them, hopefully an on the ball detective/office will be around and will jump at the opportunity. You then arrange to met the seller and the cops come with you, they'll explain what happens/do the last step when approaching and inspecting the goods/cuffing the thieves.

Do the tyres on that wheel set in the google cache link match what was on yours when the bike was stolen?

Edited by Skylark

Stellenbosch has a massive crime problem in general. My girlfriend works there, and she does not even walk around anymore during lunch. That hill with all the squatters is not going away, its only growing larger and larger, and having been in there, with the origin of the trails race last year. I can assure you its a alcohol infested, drug paradise that does not abide by the same laws as you and I, and even the cops are scared to go in there.

Sorry for your loss, but Stellenbosch at the moment is the crime capital of the Western Cape.

Hope they leave the cyclists alone on Burger day. The 42,60 and 75 go past them on Pappagaaiberg.

Hope they leave the cyclists alone on Burger day. The 42,60 and 75 go past them on Pappagaaiberg.

Hope that they have increased security for this event knowing about this incident!

Hope that they have increased security for this event knowing about this incident!

Maybe these buggers can be sorted out during the Burger event if they try their luck! Laat hulle net probeer- hulle gaan %#%&**%%%%!

If you google MTBKING99, he advertised a Fox Float CTD fork as well.

Did you have a Fox CTD fork on your bike as well?

Put his info on here if you find it.....maybe one of us will go and pay him a visit.....

If this guy is part of a syndicate he will have more than one bike, I know that there was bikes stolen from a bike shop about a week or two ago.

Boys and girls, we (cyclists) need to do something to stop this. I have no "lawful" ideas at this stage but it makes my blood boiling reading how these scumbags ruin our lives. The police is useless 9ok, not all of them), the local law enforcement agencies have no teeth while these afrikaanse boxes keep on stealing, bikejacking, you name it. Ek is gatvol, baie! We need to make an example of a thief or thieves(kap sy hande af of iets!) but something needs to be done. My hart gaan uit na alle slagoffers van misdaad.

Just a thought - if this oke is as guilty as we're making him out to be, chances are he's probably still monitoring the hub to keep up to date with the latest events. May be worth offering advice directly to the OP rather than in public.

To all the hubbers in this discussion. pls refer to the post 'another stellenbosch bike theft' The conponents concerned are soo close to being one of a kind and very recognisable. Seems you are doing the cops work.

Hi guys

Who owns TheHubsa.co.za? The domain itself. We can get his IP off the Web server, it will by default log everything. I can assist you if needed with traversing the logs and then we can find the oke.