Road bike long term rental

Hilton.

So I'm looking to do something a bit unconventional. I'd like to borrow somebody's road bike for on long term agreement, for at most about 9 months until and including the PnP Argus Cycle Tour in March next year :)

Basically, the idea is that I'm not at the point of purchasing my own road bike at the moment. I mainly ride my mountain bike, but can't justify a purchase for such limited use as I intend at this stage. I intend to ride the Die Burger, The PnP Argus and a couple of weekend rides. I figure there are lots of blokes out there who have a road bike gathering dust in the garage, which deserve to be put to good use.

Compensation will of course be discussed, and may be a portion of the bike's value. I am willing to provide relevant documentation to allay fears, and sign some sort of agreement on the terms.

I am 1.85, 6 ft 1, longish inseam. Generally ride a Large, on the border of XL. So I think I'm looking for a 56cm bike, or 58cm with shorter stem. I'm not going to get picky on the type of bike, sportive or full on race.

Let me know if you have any ideas, comments or suggestions. Or of course if you have the bike I'm looking for :thumbup: Please, no nastiness.

Yeah, I'm definitely considering doing it all on my mtb. I will, If I don't get any realistic offers. Just thought I'd see what I could do to source a more appropriate bike.

You can likely get an entry level bike that will be more than sufficient for the same price you would pay someone for the use of one

Buy a second hand one and then resell it at the end of the 9 months. If you buy right, you could end up making a profit or at least break even