Review: Helmet shootout: Part 2 - Bontrager Lithos, Giro Xar, Fox Flux

Claudio

When I go into most bike shops it's seldom I will see a helmet that is not suited to the road or XC purposes. There's countless options of them out there. It's not often you see something with some rear and side support – more focused on the trail and all mountain side of things. I set out to see what I could find that is readily available in South Africa. This is Part 2 of our helmet shootout, focussing on trail lids.

Click here to view the article

Fox Flux is by far the best option specially considering the price.

It is also the best looking helmet out of the 3.

"Best Buy" is the Flux

I'd be concerned that the exposed, unprotected styrofoam on the top of the Bontrager would be prone to dings and damage very easily...

I'd be concerned that the exposed, unprotected styrofoam on the top of the Bontrager would be prone to dings and damage very easily...

I believe there is a (very) clear coat of plastic over the styrofoam to protect it but it may mean that it's thinner than most.

Flux fan myself, the new line of Scott trail/AM helmets launched recently will hopefully also find their way to our shores

Where would you throw the 661 into the mix?

The 661 EVO AM is the most comfortable out of all 6 helmets tested for the shootout, is competitive with weight and offers more coverage than the 3 tested here. It's also competitively priced at R2000.

Just picked up the 661 Repeater from Dial'd. Light and comfortable! Would be a real contender in this lineup.

The 661 EVO AM is the most comfortable out of all 6 helmets tested for the shootout, is competitive with weight and offers more coverage than the 3 tested here. It's also competitively priced at R2000.

:thumbup: Thanks

PART 1

:ph34r:

So where can one buy the Fox flux in cape town.. Any ideas?

There's a Fox store in Canal Walk. And I'll get a list of retailers for you too.

Hi

There's a Fox store in Canal Walk. And I'll get a list of retailers for you too.

Hi claudio

Thanks for that, will be great to get the list