Pringle Bay Trails

Raydek

My father-in-law has recently purchased a holiday house in Pringle Bay, I can see myself spending a good few weekends there, any trails worth checking out in the area?

• 6 years later...

My in-laws also own a place there, so I'm wanting to know the same thing!

Hi guys. We have a house in Betty's Bay, and I rode there last weekend. There is a REALLY good jeep track that runs from the Pringle Bay turnoff (opposite side of the road - mountain side) to Bettys Bay alongside the mountain. The gradient is not much, and the return trip is about 15km, on a mix of hard gravel, and a bit of loose stuff. Makes for a really enjoyable ride.

Spent a holiday there a couple of years ago.

Number of trails really...

Have a look on either Strava or Garmin global heatmaps for the trails.

Nice rocky trail from Rooi Els to PB. Also the trail to BB as aforementioned.

Then you can also head into the Kogelberg NR, lovely long days out there to be had.

Also, don’t ever discount Clarence drive from PB to Gordon’s Bay - it’s quite simply incredibly beautiful and a lovely ride (even on your MTB). An off shoot on that route is the climb up to the Steenbras dam.

Anyway, happy exploring.

• 10 months later...

Sup Gals and Guys

I'm in Pringle Bay for the next 2 weeks if anyone would like to meet up for a ride. Drop me a message with your phone number and we can make a plan.

• 11 months later...

Hi I will by in Pringle bay  this December 2022 & want to cycle on my Mtb from PB to Gordon’s Bay via Clarence drive 

anyone keen to join, please contact me Retha

2 hours ago, Rva said:

Hi I will by in Pringle bay  this December 2022 & want to cycle on my Mtb from PB to Gordon’s Bay via Clarence drive 

anyone keen to join, please contact me Retha

Clarence drive is currently closed and they say you will be fined for riding it.... but personally I can't wait to ride it a few times without cars!!!🤠

Edited by wolver

The Kleinmond trails are also really nice, they've put a lot into them in the last year or two.

Buy  permit at the Sasol petrol station, trails go from town, through Rooisand Nature reserve, over the road opposite Arabella and back.

https://www.strava.com/activities/4522990936

Also some improvements to the Honingklip trails closer to Botrivier.

Cool i am open for a challenge!

1 hour ago, wolver said:

Clarence drive is currently closed and they say you will be fined for riding it.... but personally I can't wait to ride it a few times without cars!!!🤠

Cool i am open for a challenge