Challenge Roth 2015

shawnvan

My Saffer Mate, who now lives in Aussie did it the other day. Looked amazing. I didn't realise that it was such a huge event.

I just returned from doing this race. Incredible experience is awaiting you that's all I can say. make sure you like their page on Facebook to follow the build up and everything else.

I just returned from doing this race. Incredible experience is awaiting you that's all I can say. make sure you like their page on Facebook to follow the build up and everything else.

GarF, what was the weather like on the day?

Edited by SwissVan

Hey Swiss. It was insanely hot. Like 34 or something. Hottest race in all of its 30 years they said. I almost died.

Hey Swiss. It was insanely hot. Like 34 or something. Hottest race in all of its 30 years they said. I almost died.

Ahh, was wondering as i remeber it been stinking hot at the time but there was rain moving in as well, and the swim were "neoprene's" allowed?

I scored a luck in Zurich, it was cool and wet on the bike and cool on the run +/- 20 - 23 deg's

Yes wetsuits was allowed. But that was already approved in the race guides so I doubt they even measured on race morning. It did rain in the end but by then the damage had been done. never thought I would go race in Europe and complain about the heat!!!

Yes wetsuits was allowed. But that was already approved in the race guides so I doubt they even measured on race morning. It did rain in the end but by then the damage had been done. never thought I would go race in Europe and complain about the heat!!!

Yep the weather is very unpredicatble, last year in Zurich it was also like 34 degrees and on the morning of the race the water was above 24.5 so no wet suit rule was applied...

I heard Paul Kaye telling a story at this years race briefing why they were stressing ahtletes must report to an official if they bale during the race AND why they must supply some one else's phone # and not their own....

Apparently this one dude from Italy lined up on the start and crossed the start mat but was not confident about his swimming without a wet suit, so he did not actualy start swimming. Instead he baled without reporting to anyone...after the swim cut off he showed up as MIA because he did not register on the mat after the swim.... the organisors were trying to call the number he supplied (his own cell, but it was off) and were in a panic that he might have drowned...somehow they got his wifes number and called her, they were both in a coffee shop....

Haha that is really funny!! Next time around I wanna do IMZurich.

Garf, where did you stay, and how did you get around? Seems most accomodation is in Nuremberg - were there shuttle services etc for athletes ?

Garf, where did you stay, and how did you get around? Seems most accomodation is in Nuremberg - were there shuttle services etc for athletes ?

Ya interested to hear more about this.

We stayed in Nuremberg yes. The only shuttles ran from the towns closer to Roth. I had a German friend drive me around.If I could offer some advice google Roth and the small little towns around it and book accommodation there and do it now. There was also lots of athletes camping close by so if all else fails................