HUb's admin sucks

Groot Lem

I've tried to unsubscribe a 100 times from the E MAILS and still get mails about every topic. Anyone else had this problem?

There is an option in your Profile, Notify me of replies to posts, which you can access via the [My Hub]>[My Profile] menu item.

20060911_095331_qreply2.gif

It should be set to No as default. - I will check to confirm that this is the case.

When posting a topic or a reply you can choose to be notified of replies via email. If the option in your profile shown above is set to Yes you will automatically recieve replies (i.e. the box will be checked as shown below)

20060911_100108_qreply1.gif

There is also an option to "Watch" (subsribe to) specific topics. This means that you will recieve email notifications of replies to the topics whether you have posted or not.

20060911_100421_qreply3.gif

You can manage these subscriptions (add, delete etc.) via the [My Hub]>[subscriptions] menu item.

I hope this helps.

i'm sure admin is used to this kinda thing... it goes with the territory that if a person doesn't know how to do something it's always "admin's" fault... i get this kinda query regularly.... "the site's broken" or "xyz page isn't working" etc and as soon as you ask what the error the user gets suddenly they try to dissappear off the face of the planet!

admin, you know you rule - but in case you're wondering... you really do! keep up the good work! Big%20smileThumbs%20Up

Well just look at his counter. 23 Posts. Dumb rookie smiley36.gif

Good work on the new site Admin. Nice job to think of the time you put into it!Cois2006-09-11 16:08:00

Groot Lem, dont you feel like a groot plonker!!!!

A bit of advice,a better way to deal with a situation is to ask questions, dont attack the people who know, generally you'll make yourself out to be a moegoe, if you do so......

Hah !! Mines bigger than yours Wink Try and unsubscribe from the SABC TV License bunch - still paying my SATV License EmbarrassedAngry

In all fairness to GrootLem he had emailed me a few weeks back with the problem. At that time I cleared all of his email subscriptions, but I hadn't advised him to check the settings in his profile.

Still I don't appreciate the manner in which this was brought up.