The Beer Debate

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

First batch of home brew has been sitting in the bucket since the 6th December. Started out with a Lager kit from Black Rock. SG is dropping nicely as well. Started at 1038 and been testing it every now and again. Yesterday's reading was 1010. Waiting for the SG to stabilize though before I bottle. Don't want any bottle bombs sitting in the cupboard!!! . Temp has varied between 24 and 28deg. Airlock seems to do it's own thing... bubbles for a day and then stops for a day or two then starts up again... Hoping to be bottling on the public holiday (16th)

Also thinking about letting it sit for another week or two and give it time to settle a bit... still very cloudy at the moment. Might let it settle in the bottles after priming though... I'm not known for my patience!

First batch of home brew has been sitting in the bucket since the 6th December. Started out with a Lager kit from Black Rock. SG is dropping nicely as well. Started at 1038 and been testing it every now and again. Yesterday's reading was 1010. Waiting for the SG to stabilize though before I bottle. Don't want any bottle bombs sitting in the cupboard!!! . Temp has varied between 24 and 28deg. Airlock seems to do it's own thing... bubbles for a day and then stops for a day or two then starts up again... Hoping to be bottling on the public holiday (16th)

Also thinking about letting it sit for another week or two and give it time to settle a bit... still very cloudy at the moment. Might let it settle in the bottles after priming though... I'm not known for my patience!

I stay very close to you :clap:

can I be your friend?

16v Turbo.... shees.

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender.jpg

Yoh...!!!

I tried a high alcohol content IPA from Robson's called Hammer of Thor. That was 8,3% and it took a while to go down. Interested to hear what that tasted like...

Yoh...!!!

I tried a high alcohol content IPA from Robson's called Hammer of Thor. That was 8,3% and it took a while to go down. Interested to hear what that tasted like...

last year's SS chapms had Faxe 10% at the beer stops....

made the rest of the ride.... interresting