Mobile Cycle Shop by Cycle Mobile

Willie2011

Hey Hubbers

Friend of mine started a Cycle shop with a difference.I do not know if this is a new concept in SA but its the first one that I know of.On site Bike repairs and sales just a phone call away.

They are in PTA but travel in and around Gauteng.

I would like your thoughts and input on this.

If you are interested contact Andre 082 551 1868

Andre helped me twice now. I usually give him a call and rock up there the next day to have everything fitted. The alternative is that he comes to you. He is a nice guy. I do not know if he is done but last time I saw him he was bussy kitting out a van as a proper mobile repair shop. His pricing also beets LBS prices.

If like me you do not have time to take and go fetch your bike in the week but need it to cycle on the weekend. Give him a call and he will sort out the logistics.

Also it is not just a service but good advice too. Even if it costs the guy a sale he'd rather tell me it is unnecessary to change parts when I get jukkerig.

Agreed. He's done all my bike's and I'm very happy with the service I got. The Mobile Van is kitted and looking great!!

Just got a price to service and fix a snapped fork, very competitive!!

Best of all, he'll fix it at my work place.

Ill send an update once Andre has sorted my bike out. :clap:

Andre just finished servicing my bike.

Man of few words,gets the job done and done right, took him a better part of 20 min and voila, service and spoke repair complete at a good price.

Convenience with a good service is the name of the game, and as far as I can see, Andre has game. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Andre and his van have just left.

Serviced my Bianchi and replaced the headset bearings. Serviced my Momsen. Fantastic service from a lekker oke. Price is very reasonable and he even put them back on my bike rack after giving them a fantastic wash.

This is undoubtedly the way to go. All I had to do was load my bikes and bring them to my office. I will definitely use his services in the future. :clap:

I noticed Wednesday I had a broken spoke. I called Andre yesterday to come and fetch the bike today as I first wanted to ride yesterday morning and had people over last night. It is now 10:00 AM I'm at work and he just picked up the bike. Mayor service, spoke tensioning and brake bleed will be done before I go fetch the bicycle after work. I do not need to rush from JHB to Pretoria to be there before 6.

Tomorrow morning I'll have done 4 hours of riding before the first cycle shop opens up.

Andre came to my house on Tuesday to do a service on my bike. Serviced the front shox, bleed the brakes to how I like them. Really happy with the service and can highly recommend him to anybody. What a pleasure not to have to deal with a shop and only getting your bike back days later.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not the brightest spark when it comes to my bike maintenance and doing the necessary research when purchasing.

I met André at a business networking breakfast and took his card, telling him that I'll phone him once I'm ready to start looking for a new bike.

Two weeks later I phoned him, and within 3 days he had 4 options on the table for me. He advised me perfectly as to what bike would best suit me, and best of all it wasn't even the most expensive of the options, at a price of a good R5k less than what I would have paid at a shop. Now I'm a proud owner of a Rocky Mountain and can't say that I'll ever look back!

His support has been amazing as well, I had a few run-ins with the tubeless ready tyres, which he resolved timeously.

Everyone in the area should at least try him out once, I can assure that you'll become a client for life!

Andre just finished with my bike. What a cool experience! A LBS that's Local wherever you're home, at work, or wherever! I got to sneak out of my meeting a couple of times to have a look, and he was patient with all my stupid questions.

Good to know that he can also supply bits and pieces for very competitive prices.

The price I was charged for the whole service including labour and parts was cheaper than the labour cost at a certain "special" store I used before I knew better!

Thanks Andre. Looks like I've found my new LBS.