another intentional HIT & RUN (non-cyclin

slowpoke

Same goes for SP. Anyone that has ever ridden with her knows to watch out!!! Whenover I see her on the road I get onto the pavement, or if I see her off-road I jump into the river. Heavens to Betsy, I just hope that I never meet her in a dark alley!!! Shriek!!LOL

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing al the newbies on the hub must learn - we stick together as a family.

Uhmmm.... which hub have you been following?

Some "hubbers" tend to act like starved Necrotizing fasciitis.

Note: Googling the above might offend sensitive hubbers.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

My 2cents worth on all this: idrive makes a very good point (like others) but I think a lot of you have been far too quick to crucify him ..............  anyway this wasn't even a cycling related incident to begin with!

My 2cents worth on all this: idrive makes a very good point (like others) but I think a lot of you have been far too quick to crucify him ..............  anyway this wasn't even a cycling related incident to begin with!

Nor was it a hubber. Some people need to learn to read a thread from start to finish. It's interesting that in this instance, no-one is interested in knowing the other side yet a few weeks ago, Grey Owl and Satan were absolutely crucified by people on this forum, insisting they hear the other side of the story involving them and some cyclists. I agree with Idrive and Velo completely on this.

idrive - one thing al the newbies on the hub must learn - we stick together as a family.

If you are in Capetown' date=' Joburg or even afghanistan!!!!

If no one else wants to stand up to this kind of treatment in our country then we will, together, even it is just in a little way.....

And if I were this bloke and recieved phone calls all hours of the day, after something like that, surely I will start to rethink my actions.

If I were the victim, I would have appreciate the interest of my fellow hubberstaking in me.

And to say "EWEP, with your bad attitude I hope I'm never riding on road anywhere near you ...... ever" maybe it is then better staying off the road / bike from all cyclist, cause I believe we all feel strong about motorists carrying on like they do and think they can get away with it!!!

My 2 cents worth, and if this place is not for you, please feel free to leave. No one forces you to belong to this forum.

BUT......

If you answer to posts, you must be ready to handle all critic, good or bad!!!
[/quote']

Thanks Rookie you're an angel, but yes we are family and if I need help this is where I ask for help or advise.  We are indeed family, even though I am stuck in Afghanistan, and yes we bitch and moan with AND at each other,  BUT and this is a BIG BUT do not MESS with any one on the hub  bescause someone will take you out.

Ewep and I talk to each other daily, he is like a brother to me, only I am the bigger one of the two.  But we share everything good and bad and ask each other advice. 

Ewep I'll ride with you anyday boet.  I'll cover your back when the **** is about to hit the fan.  That's just how we are.  We are there for each other.

Where is old SUURTIET, would like to hear his view on this , seeing that he is the older of all hubbersWinkWinkWink

My R0.02c worth

I truely believe this is unfair to publicly give information about this person ... I made a similar mistake previously and found out that it was not the person ..

Common hubbers, what if this is not the guilty person ... just imagine the harassment etc. from people calling him/her?

Nor was it a hubber. Some people need to learn to read a thread from start to finish. It's interesting that in this instance' date=' no-one is interested in knowing the other side yet a few weeks ago, Grey Owl and Satan were absolutely crucified by people on this forum, insisting they hear the other side of the story involving them and some cyclists. I agree with Idrive and Velo completely on this.
[/quote']

Good point very much a case of double standard.

I truely believe this is unfair to publicly give information about this person ... I made a similar mistake previously and found out that it was not the person ..

Common hubbers' date=' what if this is not the guilty person ... just imagine the harassment etc. from people calling him/her?
[/quote']

Now this is it really gets interesting, we all bitch and moan, but what about his constitutional right to privacy.  Yes the "defendant" also has a constitutional right to life, but the constitution also saysthat a person is innocent till proven guiltyin a  Court of Law.

Now before anyone has a free for all on Anton aka Sammajoor, i am under no circumstances condoning what he did, if guilty then string him up and name and shame the B*st*rd, but till then goet off your high horse, because he can now turn around and sue all of you for crimen injuria and deformation of character.

As I said if guilty hit him with the full might of the law, whatever that means if he has successfully had the docket closed 4 times, is he not by any chance a cop on the take( read very well what I said ) I am not saying he is or implying it by any chance, but if so he has connections and this thing can turn around and burn you.

But the man on man thing had me giggling for a minute or two, funny no one has professed to advertising his car in the junk mail.

My R0.02c worth

idrive....the are times when issues are cut and dry...black or white. The politically correct attitude of ..."oooh we must first get both sides of the story and consider if he had an awkward childhood" is one of the notions that has put this country into a tailspin already. Murderers' date=' rapists and all the dregs of society are given the notion that they have rights despite the fact that their actions deprive others of theirs....as humans we have lost the right to such lofty ideals and unimpeachable ethics....just look around you, it's a f*cking jungle out there mate.[/quote']

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

I'm sad to report that I've read this whole thread carefully and this has to be one of the most disgustingly low responses I've ever seen. Surely doesn't do cycling any favours at all.

idrive' date=' attempted murder is attempted murder - the guy drove up too close behind the biker and if the biker hadn't taken evasive action he'd have been injured then. the biker admits he did get angry and spoke to the driver, tapping (not breaking) the mirror after following the **** to get the reg no. the driver then promptly drove over the biker. NOW WHAT THE **** OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY IS THERE???? if there was any other side then the **** would be charging the biker with something, instead all it's doing is (clearly) using contacts to evade prosecution.

i'm sorry to sound like a b1tch but i truly hope that you end up in a similar situation - ie being unable to prosecute when someone has done you grievious harm.

[/quote']

so yes, i lost my cool with someone who seems to think it's ok to try kill someone because they have a "side" to the story and that it's ok for the docket to KEEP on dissapearing. if the docket only dissappeared once, sure, understandable. but continuously? hmmm - very very fishy.

and for the record - i simply was re-posting the nb parts of the thread so that peeps on 2 wheels of any sort could be forwarned that there are idiots out there who think that ONLY cars have a right to be on the road and anyone else must just "dissappear" or be driven over.

considering the fact that the attitude of "but consider the others first" was being aggressively punted my view remains the same as in my post below. the same way that i am quite open about hte fact that if you jump a red light and get hit by a car don't expect any sympathy from me, nor if a biker popos a wheelie and comes short should they expect any sympathy either.

amazing how it's the peeps who have never been raped or mugged or attacked etc that always shout the loudest that "you should see the perpetrator's point of view".

(ps so did we ever hear the "oupa" from the east rand's point of view after he got attacked by the "manic cyclists"? and what about the "other side to the story" when the two guys were killed down south last year? and what about "the other side to the story" behind Desna Freeme's death?)

so yes' date=' i lost my cool with someone who seems to think it's ok to try kill someone because they have a "side" to the story and that it's ok for the docket to KEEP on dissapearing. if the docket only dissappeared once, sure, understandable. but continuously? hmmm - very very fishy.

and for the record - i simply was re-posting the nb parts of the thread so that peeps on 2 wheels of any sort could be forwarned that there are idiots out there who think that ONLY cars have a right to be on the road and anyone else must just "dissappear" or be driven over.

considering the fact that the attitude of "but consider the others first" was being aggressively punted my view remains the same as in my post below. the same way that i am quite open about hte fact that if you jump a red light and get hit by a car don't expect any sympathy from me, nor if a biker popos a wheelie and comes short should they expect any sympathy either.

amazing how it's the peeps who have never been raped or mugged or attacked etc that always shout the loudest that "you should see the perpetrator's point of view".

(ps so did we ever hear the "oupa" from the east rand's point of view after he got attacked by the "manic cyclists"? and what about the "other side to the story" when the two guys were killed down south last year? and what about "the other side to the story" behind Desna Freeme's death?)
[/quote']

Slowpoke not picking a fight with you doll, I knew Desna personally, so no malicious intent here. But Desna was at the wrong place at the wrong time. There is no way that one can justify her being on the N1 in the morning in Peak Hour Traffic.    but yes nothing has happened to madam motorist....

sammajoor, that is precisely my point - just because Desna was where she shouldn't have been does NOT mean she deserved to die. and i was DISGUSTED at how few peeps turned out at her memorial ride.

same way just because this guy was on a bike did not justify the idiot from trying to run him down and then when the biker reacted (harshly yes, but no physical harm to the driver) did NOT justify attempted murder

sammajoor' date=' that is precisely my point - just because Desna was where she shouldn't have been does NOT mean she deserved to die. and i was DISGUSTED at how few peeps turned out at her memorial ride.

same way just because this guy was on a bike did not justify the idiot from trying to run him down and then when the biker reacted (harshly yes, but no physical harm to the driver) did NOT justify attempted murder

[/quote']

Gorgeous , you know what pissed me off, was people justifying to crucify her, as if they had never ever done anything wrong with their bikes.

Yes she was wrong, but to turn self righteous and crucify her was NOT ON.  I have also been places where I shouldn't have been. We have all done something wrong somewhere.