Chamois Cream

Thanks for the feedback guys...must say im rather taken aback about the milking cream, never even heard of the stuff. Think im going to try it out before the ride. The Assos just seems to over priced.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also never used this before, but since we strarted training for the Trans Afrika bike race I have invested in some Assos cream, this came highly recomended by my LBS

Keep in mind, if i say we are training, im talkong 11-12 hours a day in the saddle. WORTH the money!

I only use the Milking cream. R55.00 for a tub, and it lasts for yonks. Spread it on liberaly.

No strange smell (maybe I just got used to it. :whistling: ) and not a hint of a saddle sore ever developing.

Right, time for a user to step in here.

So, I dont go sniffing my shammy but the Mark 2 has a nice smell to it. I think of it like this... when you have that shammy rubbing up against your hol for a few hours, its not going to smell nice. Unless you kakking potpourri its gonna stink, dont anyone ask me if I wipe, I will not get into a bib unless Ive showered.

Think of an old shirt that your garden executive wears, that shirt on a summers day dont smell so great by 11am on a hot summers morning.

The same thing with your ass, use cream so it smells a bit better... sweat on top of sweat eventually stinks.

Rouxtjie and I had a tough time at J2C, the abuse we took from the old folk was endless.

Bending over in front of pretty nurse so she can basically give you a hollywood after 5 hours in the saddle wasnt lekker, I have nightmares to this day.... the cream helped a bit.

Ill still put a dab on for a short ride, keeps it smelling fresh :thumbup:

Assos feels nice (its kinda tingly) but does not last long(disappears) and contains herbal stuff which may or may not work against the bacteria that cause saddle sores. Much better imo is Mark II. It lasts much longer, costs less than 1/2 the price and contains a medical antibacterial agent.

Give this man a bells

For commuting, I used to get horrible saddle sores. Now I use shamois cream both ways, and bepanthen after my shower. All gone. I use some assoss that I got a while ago, and some freebie from a goodie bag that seems to work just as well for a 20km ride home.. Longer rides I use assoss, and it seems to work. Perhaps the secret is the bepanthen after the ride. Who knows.

I only use the Milking cream. R55.00 for a tub, and it lasts for yonks. Spread it on liberaly.

No strange smell (maybe I just got used to it. :whistling: ) and not a hint of a saddle sore ever developing.

it costs R26 at Dischem

After Assos, this is the best stuff I have used.

At R110.00 for a 2.5l you can apply liberally.

Small tub R22.00

And it smells nice too.post-16512-0-05477200-1407416903_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-14612400-1407416930_thumb.jpg

Small tub R22.00

And it smells nice too.post-16512-0-05477200-1407416903_thumb.jpgpost-16512-0-14612400-1407416930_thumb.jpg

Udder crap

Small tub R22.00

Not as good as Madadji imo. Doesn't quite have the same staying power in my experience. But not bad, and avl in the bucket size :)

Small tub R22.00

Jussie dikkus, you've got a fat arse to need 25 liters of lube

If you can get rid of the hair on your sitting area, you are half way there. ( veet )

Stuff with bacteria killiing agents. You want to stop the bacteria growing on the skin that you are chafing. ( MarkII)

edit: Spelling

Edited by igknot