Bike Frame Warped/Skew?!

skipperw

Yesterday arvie when I hopped on the trainer, I noticed something that freaked me out somewhat. My bike seems to be at a slight angle to the left. That aside, the saddle does not sit above the rear wheel...is this remotely possible/normal? It's carbon.

Check and make sure that your wheel is in straight, centre of your wheel should be in the centre of your brake caliper...on a road bike. Good quality bike should be aligned almost perfect.

It is perfectly possible but there is an easy way to check for frame alignment. Remove the wheels and suspend the frame in a bike workstand of sorts. Improvise if you don't have a stand i.e. put it upside down for instance. Now take a ball of string and tie it somewhere, say the rear dropout. Wrap the string around the frame in a symmetrical way. Through the dropouts, over the headtube, around the seatpost etc etc. Like a bicycle macramé. Now look at the gaps on the left and right between string and frame. It is very, very easy to spot a misalignment like that.