stans experts unite

rock

so I installed the tubeless kit - not much fuss - new spesh captain 2 bliss tyres and mavic XM317 disc rims.

got it all sorted, sealed at 30psi last night, this morning both tyres are down to 20psi - is this normal? anything else I shoud ddo or check??

thanks

Reinflate to 50psi, shake and bounce the wheels to get the sealant everywhere. It will settle. 30psi is not enough for the initial seal.

Further to Azonic's remarks:

Confirm the max pressure on the tyre.  Inflate to max and leave overnight. 

Recheck in the morning.  Should be OK

casspir2008-03-12 01:11:34

Go out and ride it! That way the Stan's gets everywhere, oh unless you riding on the road of course Shocked

Would agree with those that say inflate hard, shake it all around (and I mean in all possible directions!). It does take a little while to settle .......

Even then it may lose a bit of pressure now and then but hey you have stepped up a notch in MTB'r circles mate Thumbs%20Up

thanks guys

oh, best stans tip - do it at your local petrol station, got funny looks from the attendants last night while I used their soapy solution and windscreen squeegy to soap up my tyres and then used their pump to them get them inflated.....Smile

ja can't believe its taken me so long to go this route...

I used to consider my self on the forefront of MTB tech back when I had a Girven Flexstem......

thanks guys

oh' date=' best stans tip - do it at your local petrol station, got funny looks from the attendants last night while I used their soapy solution and windscreen squeegy to soap up my tyres and then used their pump to them get them inflated.....Smile

[/quote']

Hey mate that is also our MO, I do believe young PieMan (Ewep) has also got strange looks at the local Engen a while back ......

I used to consider my self on the forefront of MTB tech back when I had a Girven Flexstem......

When was that, last year?

Don't want to sound stupid (shhhhhh now!) but what is a Given Fixem thingy?

oh my......google it - its worth the laugh!

paulvs - I have only used Joe's but my boetie uses Stans. IMHO I think the Stan's 'strips' are better but having said that we have Joe's in 4 sets of wheels and it just keeps on going .......... and it is priced better!

I see okes are now putting some 'OKO' or something juice in their tubeless, anyone have any experience with it ?