• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS, the fork is ZERO maintenance.

Leaf Springs

http://www.laufforks.com/img/LTR/BumpStop-Still.gif

The heart of the Lauf Trail Racer is the leaf springs - we call it the Lauf Spring System (LSS). The LSS is made of high-performance composites, which are shockingly flexible and very impact resistant. There is no friction in the leaf springs as there are no moving parts. Therefore the LSS is energy effective and feels equally at home on rough trails or cobblestones, without the need for a lock-out function.

Travel

http://www.laufforks.com/img/LTR/Travel_Thumb.jpg

The Lauf Trail Racer has 60mm of travel with progressive spring rate. The initial part of the travel is the softest and most sensitive as it moves slightly backwards.

The mid part, and the longest, is almost linear for great handling and comfort while filtering out larger bumps. Towards the end the suspension stiffens up to prevent the Lauf Trail Racer from bottoming-out harshly and help keep all carbon parts safe.

Do you Know if we will be able to Purchase this bike or is it just a Prototype?

Probably not, the bike is a once off concept build.

Why no Kashima Fox shock?

And whats up with those spacers ontop of the stem? Looks like a quick Friday night build...

The rear shock used was apparently lighter than the Factory Kashima they had in the workshop. Being a weight weenie build, they went with the lightest option.

The fork is on loan from Mannie's Bike Mecca in Namibia. So cutting the steerer wasn't an option unfortunately.

Do you Know if we will be able to Purchase this bike or is it just a Prototype?

You could buy all the parts separately, I doubt that will be released as a production spec

Was also wondering about the brake set?

The designers must have read my mind, was dreaming of a custom black on black paint job, matt frame with gloss branding and checkerd decals, gun metal bolts, hanger and cable guides. The Momsen Vipa in silver and SA flag in different shades of grey, that wil be my dream Vipa frame!!

That fork is apparently fully functional and awesome(for racer types), pity it's so bloody ugly and ungainly looking. Hopefully they'll manage some engineering trickery to make it look more racy and less garage steampunk hodge bodge.

As I understand it, that fork has no rebound properties and can be a pogo stick on repeated hits ... but then again it should perform well on the Grond Pad

What breakset were they using and was it tuned aswell?

Brake Force One would've have been killer on there!

http://www.twentynineinches-de.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Kill-Hill%C2%B414.jpg

That stem currently on mcfk's website retail for 298 euro. That is almost R4500! This bike is going to cost quite a bit.