Win an entry to Wines2Whales with Love The Bike Challenge

Nick

Fancy an entry into the 2014 FNB Wines2Whales Ride? If you're up for a challenge, Food Lover's Market have got three entries up for grabs. You've got 30 days to rack up as many kilometres, calories or hours as you can. The winner in each category will earn themselves a team entry (and a nice bit of fitness as a bonus).

Click here to view the article

Point #3. is quite alarming, i hope you have a "strava expert" that will really scrutinize the activities logged.

Theres lotsa ways to rig this, but I will be honest and say I will be on my bike, this is a good way of getting some base miles under the belt.

Theres lotsa ways to rig this, but I will be honest and say I will be on my bike, this is a good way of getting some base miles under the belt.

Lets make a list of stuff peeps can/will do to rig the system so organizers can know what to look out for?

1. Lots of miles & Time but no Calories burned usually tracker was used on a motorised vehicle.

2. Clocked lots of miles but at excessively, inhumanly possible speeds, also with no calories or too little for the said workout, usually tracker was used on a motorised vehicle.

3. Racked up Distance, Time & Calories but but when viewed on a map they never moved, usually tracker was used on a stationary bike.

All i can think of for now, but this is going to be a tedious job for the judges to scrutinize each & every participants ride for 30 days, already 109 people registered wait until the word starts spreading. And sadly people are dishonest, yes the very mtb'ers here on the hub & on strava, rogue riders trespassing on private land or riding on "members only trails" without day passes, then they still have the audacity to log their ride on strava.

Yeah, I'll be on my bike as well.

Lets make a list of stuff peeps can/will do to rig the system so organizers can know what to look out for?

1. Lots of miles & Time but no Calories burned usually tracker was used on a motorised vehicle.

2. Clocked lots of miles but at excessively, inhumanly possible speeds, also with no calories or too little for the said workout, usually tracker was used on a motorised vehicle.

3. Racked up Distance, Time & Calories but but when viewed on a map they never moved, usually tracker was used on a stationary bike.

All i can think of for now, but this is going to be a tedious job for the judges to scrutinize each & every participants ride for 30 days, already 109 people registered wait until the word starts spreading. And sadly people are dishonest, yes the very mtb'ers here on the hub & on strava, rogue riders trespassing on private land or riding on "members only trails" without day passes, then they still have the audacity to log their ride on strava.

Yeah, I'll be on my bike as well.

Digital EPO, you load your GXP file on there, add 10% or what ever percentage you like to your said ride, download the ride again as GXP and upload it to Strava and boom, all of a sudden your ride is 10% better.

Do that to a few rides and you're in the world cup.

Logging miles riding in a car will also attract calories burned. strava calculates its own calories. so no need for a HRM.

Someone can also manipulate their weight on strava and or GPS device and this will also increase the calories.

So ja, big loophole here.

Good luck to the guys not "digital" doping, Dopers always win.

We've assisted the sponsors in setting this up and acknowledge there is some room for dishonesty, but having an understanding of these we've closed many of the loopholes already.

In terms of verification we won't scrutinize all entrants activities, but will run through the category leaders' data with a fine-toothed comb to weed out any dishonesty.

Good luck!

We've assisted the sponsors in setting this up and acknowledge there is some room for dishonesty, but having an understanding of these we've closed many of the loopholes already.

In terms of verification we won't scrutinize all entrants activities, but will run through the category leaders' data with a fine-toothed comb to weed out any dishonesty.

Good luck!

awesome with that said I'll give this a serious go now.

I registered but it's just too much of a mission to try and get my Polar .xml files in a format that strava accepts :(

Good luck to all those that have racked up some good totals already!!

Anyone know if its an entry for the adventure the ride or the race?

All three entries are for the Ride