Brandon Stewart

Mousea

If such a list exists I would imagine testosterone would be one of the first on the list. It enhances performance to no end. Incredibly powerful stuff, I know first hand,from long before I started cycling.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone and everyone is welcome ,here in hub land anything goes.

Been away so long I dont even know where to start trolling ......

Without the numbers that I couldn't really be bothered with BS was obviously a free hit for the SA Dope Police and it's pretty clear that the dope was legally obtained. So he should take his 2 years.

But for the T-L's. Contadors, Kreuzingers, maybe even DG etc, they should have to disclose everything (what was taken where and how it was obtained and with who) or face a 5 year ban say. Maybe though what they took cannot really be proven to legal/law standards so the 2 years is a one size fits all compromise.

Only in LA's (and his "pack") case/s is it pretty clear where is all came from but way too late to take any meaningful action.

Been away so long I dont even know where to start trolling ......

From what I have seen of late, trolling is an art.

Some get it down to a fine skill.

Stalking on the otrher hand is just plain creepy, like the OP here and then the twitter creeps from what I have seen posted in this thread.

OK Queen B

Here are a few questions from someone who shared a guest house with BS and his team at Sani2C a few years ago:

1. How does excessive use of alcohol affect testosterone levels? Would it not have been prudent of BS to stop drinking all together rather than resort to medical help with all its pitfalls like TUE's etc?

2. There is surely more "natural" ways to improve your testosterone. Were these persued?

3. He had very little good things to say at this time about other SA riders (some who even became team mates later on). What is the real feeling in the pro peloton about other riders? It seems like its all smiles and high fives in front of the camera, but after a few bottles of wine the real feelings shine through.

FYI, I whole-heartedly agree with Talus et al that it is the Ninjas that keep the pro's on the bike. The reason there are so few sponsors lining up to get involved and big events getting cancelled has much more to do with the way these "pro's" act. I overheard a big transport company CEO the other day at a social function saying that he would not touch cycling with a stick, even though he could get very good coverage for relatively little investment.

Mountain biking must be one of the fastest growing sports and rec activities in SA at the moment, yet the pro's seem to go backwards in terms of their conduct and performance. A Ninja like me is running out of idols and heroes fast. I sincerely hope that the current crop of young riders will be a better role model to my son than what the current crop has been to me.

From what I have seen of late, trolling is an art.

Some get it down to a fine skill.

Stalking on the otrher hand is just plain creepy, like the OP here and then the twitter creeps from what I have seen posted in this thread.

As you know i dont posses these skills and as for the twitter thing , well i suck !

Will pop in now and then and say hi .

Shot Dangle

intern, on 22 August 2014 - 03:35 , said:

"This lot has cried foul and tried to downtalk any mention of doping by claiming 'it's bad for the sport'. Bulldust. What's bad for the sport is doping, and a certain load of BS pros been at it for years. It's an open secret among people who race. Or used to race."

Read Christophe Bassons book - a clean break. It was not (probably still is not) the case that just "a certain load of BS pros" dope. Doping is far more wide spread in pro cycling then people care to realise. Fans should stop acting shocked every time you hear a story of beloved pro that doped.

How do you think these okes do the distances they do at they speeds that they do it at..... pure natural ability!? Sorry kids, time to exit the Matrix and see the wood from the trees.

I agree with you 100%. You may notice some innuendo in my message, that is purposeful for the litigious.

Yep, and he still got the pitchfork and burn-at-the-stake treatment on thehub so actually it makes no difference if they man up or play the innocent victim of circumstances card

Yes, because that is what you deserve if you're a cheat. I didn't see the cheats going easy on all the okes who were out there suffering without the help of DG's 'lung man'. Or BS' testosterone and micro doses of other stuff that makes you go fast.

OK Queen B

Here are a few questions from someone who shared a guest house with BS and his team at Sani2C a few years ago:

1. How does excessive use of alcohol affect testosterone levels? Would it not have been prudent of BS to stop drinking all together rather than resort to medical help with all its pitfalls like TUE's etc?

2. There is surely more "natural" ways to improve your testosterone. Were these persued?

3. He had very little good things to say at this time about other SA riders (some who even became team mates later on). What is the real feeling in the pro peloton about other riders? It seems like its all smiles and high fives in front of the camera, but after a few bottles of wine the real feelings shine through.

FYI, I whole-heartedly agree with Talus et al that it is the Ninjas that keep the pro's on the bike. The reason there are so few sponsors lining up to get involved and big events getting cancelled has much more to do with the way these "pro's" act. I overheard a big transport company CEO the other day at a social function saying that he would not touch cycling with a stick, even though he could get very good coverage for relatively little investment.

Mountain biking must be one of the fastest growing sports and rec activities in SA at the moment, yet the pro's seem to go backwards in terms of their conduct and performance. A Ninja like me is running out of idols and heroes fast. I sincerely hope that the current crop of young riders will be a better role model to my son than what the current crop has been to me.

well said.

Where do these SA "Pros" get there lekker k@k attitudes? For the most part, NONE of them are world class by any stretch of imagination, and yet they ponce around like little prima donnas Kardashian-wannabees.

If you want to lose some weight to get into race-condition, just hop onto some of their twitter threads. The utter guff that they spew out, and spew they do - every 15m or so, about how like awesome they rode this morning, and the awesome pair of socks they got for free from Mr Price, and their awesome new strava time, so awesome! BLECH - your newfound bulimia will drop your weight in no time

Serious Question - Has the concept of TUE been subverted into creating a mechanism for legalised doping?

As a firm believer in the law of unintended consequences, it seems to me that the concept of a TUE presents an undeniably tempting opportunity to reverse engineer the need for a specific treatment. For example, lets take our little Mr Stewart. If his performance is determined to be able to be improved by receiving testosterone treatment, is it a stretch for someone to speculate that he could have then contrived a medical requirement (other than improving his performance), such as "depression" to then receive a TUE and get the testosterone (albeit for s seemingly legit reason)?

It seems that the very idea of a TUE which may have been intended to avoid legitimate treatment causing doping positives, could well have been twisted into a new way to get around doping. Does it not seem strange that the recent doping scandals have all revolved around TUE disputes? They also seem to be accompanied by long and convoluted "explanations" from the doper, with all kinds of inconsistencies and accusations - "but she told me on the phone it was ok..." etc etc? These statements pop out really quickly - feel very rehearsed - "the plan B in case I get busted".

For me, I do not believe a word of the whole Brandon Stewart camp and its minions parading as experts. Who does?

Edited by Pabloesque

Serious Question - Has the concept of TUE been subverted into creating a mechanism for legalised doping?

As a firm believer in the law of unintended consequences, it seems to me that the concept of a TUE presents an undeniably tempting opportunity to reverse engineer the need for a specific treatment.

It seems that the very idea of a TUE which may have been intended to avoid legitimate treatment causing doping positives, could well have been twisted into a new way to get around doping. Does it not seem strange that the recent doping scandals have all revolved around TUE disputes?

Spot on, which is why Chris Horner is not defending his Vuelta title.

Lampre-Merida, like other teams dedicated to "clean riding" , have signed the MPCC protocol rhat says that they may use a TUE for treatment purposes, but no one under a TUE will race.

Yes, like a said TUE's seem a mine-field, no doubt they have been taken advantage of many a time, so rather just say no. Leaves no ambiguity, and as we know, Doctors are not always beacons of truth and integrity (ie medical payroll for you know who), and, lest we forget Dr Ferrari.

As for the local 'Pros' would be nice if they could engage instead of being aloof and condescending. We are a mixed bag here, but don't under estimate the level of competencies that reside.

The problem I have with doping is simple..... When you die, all you leave behind is your reputation. I would rather be remembered as a good honest living guy that raced with his heart and never won jack ****, but had a blast with his buddies doing it... Then be remembered for a guy who raced balls out, won races, took dope and got caught.... Think of your kids...