Pretoria Boys High hosts 24-hour mountain bike challenge

News bot

I think we did just over 500kms

Nic you say we, was that a team effort? What was the single person distance. I do not know why but that is what I'm doing this year. Any tips

• 2 weeks later...

Can't wait. Aspecially ordered the takelot deal for a powerbank on sameday delivery for this race. I'm in for the Solo.

Any pacing tips?

Can't wait. Aspecially ordered the takelot deal for a powerbank on sameday delivery for this race. I'm in for the Solo.

Any pacing tips?

go slow, its about consistency, not speed, see you there.. I did the solo 6hr last year, did 120km I think

yup will go slow but constant. Gonna do the no sleep thing. I think sleep will put my body into recovery mode and there is just not enough time in a 24 hour race to spend on proper recovery. Will recover at the pub and then bed afterwards.

So.. how did u all do? What did u think? Were there medals of some sort for the finishers? We were around till prize giving and didnt see anything. .

Edited by WezGK

For those that thought a 24 Hour challenge is a playful event where one can push oneself without risk... I have never seen discipline in young cyclists than this. 6 Man teams with young riders doing 6 hour or 24 hour challenges, going at ff ffast pace day and night. It all sounds festive and easy to go in a circle close to the place you sleep but soon you are pulled into the challenge and you are hooked into trying to push your limits.

Thanx for the free soup excellent welcome and all the racing excitement... One truly feels like being a competitor and spectator at the same time.

Had a great time out even though my play time was cut a little short.

Will prepare better for the next one and will def go the full 6hr then.

had to cut home after 3hr.

Great track - had a real good time!