Scammers infiltrating the hub

dyls

So I thought Id start a thread to help other hubbers especially the newbies looking for their first bike, browsing through the classifieds only to be dooped by a scammer! I remember hunting for my first bike, not knowing what the hell I was looking at, fortunately the seller that I eventually bought the bike from was a genuine guy and very informative.

So the idea here is, if you spot a scam, post it here, put a link on the add to this thread so in would be buyer can be deterred, hopefully this will help chase these scammers away from our hub.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you spot any suspicious ads before posting here or even commenting on the ad PLEASE hit the Report button to alert us.

post-2-0-45062800-1408697412_thumb.png

Will the seller be able to see that he has been reported?

easy to pot a scammer. they have less than 1000 posts. :whistling:

Eish, so putting up this thread is shooting myself in the foot then...

If you spot any suspicious ads before posting here or even commenting on the ad PLEASE hit the Report button to alert us.

post-2-0-45062800-1408697412_thumb.png

This works very fast :thumbup: Especially for herbal creams and prophet ojooobie :thumbup:

Will the seller be able to see that he has been reported?

No, it logs a report with your comments which alerts all the moderators - not the user themselves. If it is indeed a scam this will ensure the user is banned and advert removed asap.

Eish, so putting up this thread is shooting myself in the foot then...

Nope, but you can't and wont be allowed to partake in the Rouxtjie Pleasure Palour of all things with wheels...

Nope, but you can't and wont be allowed to partake in the Rouxtjie Pleasure Palour of all things with wheels...

Better start working on my post count then :ph34r:

YOU GUYS BETTER BE AWARE THE MODS ARE ON TOP FORM TODAY

And there you have it :thumbup:

No, it logs a report with your comments which alerts all the moderators - not the user themselves. If it is indeed a scam this will ensure the user is banned and advert removed asap.

Shouldn't more be done than banning and removing advert, e.g. getting the police involved? Are you talking about scamming as in illegal activity or unethical, but legal?