• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One batach for VA, VB, VM and 1A. All starting at 06:23

Interesting.

Was different when I did it in 2013

Should be entertaining at the very least.

To the locals and guys that did it before: How long will it take from the end back to the start? 15min?

Why? Is it a new race? Where do I enter? :ph34r:  Just joking, I found that it takes 2 me beers!

To the locals and guys that did it before: How long will it take from the end back to the start? 15min?

Depends on how fast you're going :whistling:

No seriously, we always stays in Groenkloof opposite the stadium and from there to the start can not be more than 10min when you take it relaxed.

the challenge might be to get through all the people to your pen. I can imagine it must be quite chaotic then.

Surely must be in 8H as he didnt do any of the seeding races   :whistling:  :clap:

indeed rules are rules, no exceptions! but then being Mark Cave, he will start @ 10:00am and finish at 08:00am the same morning :eek:

Interesting.

Was different when I did it in 2013

Should be entertaining at the very least.

Remember there are only about 30 A riders and 25/30 of each, so its actually better as you get people that are all the same performance level and not there just because top 50 VM.

Start group 3B @ 7.06  Best start so far,

But body is crocked,may not even start.Been off the bike for a month

Makes me DEPRESSED

Remember there are only about 30 A riders and 25/30 of each, so its actually better as you get people that are all the same performance level and not there just because top 50 VM.

Thus equal ability as appose to age.

I like it.

Now waiting for the double lap invitation. On the cusp. 1D

I'll keep an eye out for you on your second lap.

I'm in 2c but will ride with my sister-in-law in one of the charity groups.

Does a 3:30:10 count as a 3:30?

Nope, but my 2:49:57 for 94.7 a year or so back does count as a "2:40 odd"

I only got a 1D, was hoping for way better!

Can anybody tells me if the groups will be smaller than previous years? How does one find out how many in a group? The Stellenbosch (Burger) this year was smaller groups and they used a similar start group referencing. I dont like riding in a 250 group.... 

The Stellenbosch (Burger)was a nightmare with the short intervals between groups.Ended up with groups so big we couldn't get to the front after catching a group.

Hope thats not the case in the Cycle tour although we do have full road closure which should help.

Im at 3H. My first cape town cycle tour so i am not complaining. The time i do this year will form my base from which i can improve for next year.

The Stellenbosch (Burger)was a nightmare with the short intervals between groups.Ended up with groups so big we couldn't get to the front after catching a group.

Hope thats not the case in the Cycle tour although we do have full road closure which should help.

I totally agree with you about the time gaps... but ill rather start apart then 250 in a group (at least ill ride with 50 guys for a while).

Anyway i hope the groups are smaller... i always wish they would make the argus longer and harder or introduce a "Super Argus" thats as long as the 1Tonner with more climbing and the traditional race aside. But thats just me...