Cape Town Cycle Tour (The Argus) 2015

Winstonian1984

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received mail from CTCT. Got all excited. Open. FREAKING AD!! Did anyone receive an invite for the second lap yet?

nope they haven't even responded to how 34% weighting and 34% weighting adds to 100% seeding yet.

I'm not expecting much luck on 1+1=2

I received mail from CTCT. Got all excited. Open. FREAKING AD!! Did anyone receive an invite for the second lap yet?

I did get this though.

Over the last few years we have received a number of requests from our visitors for hospitality packages for those visiting from afar. We are pleased to advise that we have a LIMITED number of VIP hospitality spots available at our Tsogo Sun Arena.

This package includes a separate bike park, shower facilities, complimentary massage, food and all beverages. Added to this, will be access to our viewing deck on the Finish Line.

The cost on this exclusive offer is R 2280 (incl. of VAT).

Hi y'all,

some more newbie's questions:

Exactly how long and steep is Chappies?

and Suikerbossie?

I had a look at the profile map but I find it hard to estimate the distance

Chappies max grade of 6%. Mostly 4-5% for max 3kms.

Suikerbos slightly steeper and shorter.

We should all really refrain from calling Chappies a "climb". Seriously.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/110811-chapmans-peak/?hl=+chapman%20+peak%20+gradient

My seeding got worked out on Porcupine Ridge 30km, Java 45km and karoo 2 coast 100km. Got a 3f start group... happy

Not far off, but I still would love to do the Stelvio before I die, which I believe should get that honours.

Having been to the top of the Galibier on a day when by miracle the one side of the Valley was a dark, grey and full of snow and at 180 degrees it was a sunny green Valley for miles and miles, I still think Chappies is right up there. The climb however... Pffft. It's a tiny bump.

I actually find Smits to be tougher than Chappies and Suikerbossie, depending on the wind.

Chappies is about a 30 minute climb for average fit person I think, and Suikerbossie maybe 15 - 20 minutes. (Correct me if I am wrong)

They both beautiful climbs so sit back enjoy the scenery and before you know it you will be over the top :)

Even from Noordhoek to top of chappies(little chappies+chappies) a average fit rider should be way less than 30 min. Its easy to check, Go see on strava to about the 2nd page and that should start to be your average fit guys. Anyone above that is pro or in a car.

So....when are the weather watchers coming out :whistling:  :whistling:

They are always lurking, but it takes just one to post and release the flood.... :D

Edited by DJR

I have made my entry available for substitution so if anyone looking for an entry send me a dm or mail and then I can nominate you to take entry my entry.

As I understand that is how it works?

Thanx