Best triathlon gps watch

Runbikeswim

Im looking for a triathlon watch... Actualy a multisport as i want to use it for cycling, running, kayak and dualathon ( must have quick switch between sports). This will also be my daily watch.

Also want to create own profiles if possible

Just sold my trusted garmin fenix which i loved as it did non have the quick transition option.

My options are

Suunto 2 expensive

Suunto 2 s

Fenix 2 expensive

910 xt fugly and bulky

If money was no object i would have gone for fenix 2... But really like the ambit 2s too

Edited by RoboJedi

I like the ones that can measure HR without a HR strap

Its almost like there are ones with nice features but not ONE with all the features one wants

I like the tom tom multi sport with altimeter and build in heart rate monitor

It tracks my distance and HR and not to complicated functions - DC rainmaker gives it a good review - i like i like

I went through the same thing few months ago, and decided on the ambit 2 sapphire.

Very expensive, but one of the biggest pros was that it I can use it as an everyday watch and I really like the look of it.

If you're into programming you can make some interesting apps.

If money was no option I would go for ambit 3, no questions asked.

I like the ones that can measure HR without a HR strap

Its almost like there are ones with nice features but not ONE with all the features one wants

which ones does that? I am only aware of one strapless hr monitor watch...

Got the Suunto Ambit 2S, brilliant watch!

Very little difference between Suunto 2/2s, 910 xt and Fenix 2 (see http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/06/summer-sports-recommendations.html)

Suunto just launched the Ambit 3 as well :)

And 2s now VERY cheap!! http://www.kalahari.com/Sports-and-Fitness/Suunto-Ambit2-S-with-Heart-Rate-Monitor-Graphite_p_49056631

Looks great and a good price - I see there are more expensive ones ambit 2 s and the only difference seem to be the color is that correct . Really good price on the above on kalahari

Looks great and a good price - I see there are more expensive ones ambit 2 s and the only difference seem to be the color is that correct . Really good price on the above on kalahari

I also saw that, looks like only colour.....but just be sure it includes the HR strap.

Must be difference in stock levels, clearing the "old" stock

The new TomTom multisports with cardio in the name have built in HR monitors so no need to have an external one unless u want to attach the watch to a bike or something. I have the regular TomTom multisport and it does all the sports and includes a freestyle function for whatever you want to do....seems ot work ok, tracks satellite fast. Battery life may be a problem when doing iron man distance events unless you can finnish within 10 hours, I cannot but hope the battery life will last a bit longer :blush: \ ps , not sure why my reply is underlined, apologies

Edited by IceCreamMan

After having gone cheap with the Tom Tom, and having two faulty devices, I got a refund and pulled the trigger on the Fenix 2. Yes it's expensive, but it does everything you could possibly want and more. If you intend on making one purchase for a long time, don't go cheap!