Versus Cycling Socks

Versus Socks

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only needed if you want to continue selling to the people complaining. If they are not part of your target market them you can ignore them until their outrage fades into the short social media memory. Next week there will be someone mad at woolies again for some reason and versus will be forgotten.

But if they can make a change , it can potentially gain more SM clout than what they lost in the outrage.

Even here on the hub we saw someone who back pedaled on his decision to boikot Trek between his outrage and him actually buying a bike.

Yip, I can't disagree with what you're saying! The situation is a bit of a double edge sword. No matter what your stance is, Versus will get cut either way and they can recovery greatly either way. In my opinion at least. People just love to complain.. heck even I fall in to that category some times... comes with having little patience ;)

Additionally, I don't even support them haha. I find their socks to be way over priced! I am not much of a brand prostitute so nothing really appeals to me. All of their socks which I have owned, disintegrated in to dust after a year. 

I bought some CAM socks about 2 years ago for like R40 each, AMAZING socks! Still looking fresh as ever!

Edited by Shane__bob

Yip, I can disagree with what you're saying! The situation is a bit of a double edge sword. No matter what your stance is, Versus will get cut either way and they can recovery greatly either way. In my opinion at least. People just love to complain.. heck even I fall in to that category some times... comes with having little patience ;)

Additionally, I don't even support them haha. I find their socks to be way over priced! I am not much of a brand prostitute so nothing really appeals to me. All of their socks which I have owned, disintegrated in to dust after a year. 

I bought some CAM socks about 2 years ago for like R40 each, AMAZING socks! Still looking fresh as ever!

Interesting, also bought CAM socks and they all developed hole on arch and heel, where the Versus socks are still going strong. 

Interesting, also bought CAM socks and they all developed hole on arch and heel, where the Versus socks are still going strong. 

ja me too. but i think the CAM socks i got at cycletour expo were three pairs for R100.

so it's not like we're comparing pineapples with asparagus spears.

i have one pair of versus, the SA flag ones...they too intricate and it is a dogs breakfast inside now.

Let's face it, vversus iisn't alone in being exclusive around the demographics of their ambassadors.

look at most advertising in SA, its polarised along European culture. The bike industry is no different.

Not all the polarisation is racist either. Some of it is technical, others along the lines of what the target market is.

Calling out true wrong doing when it surfaces gets lost in the mist of perception and point of view.

In versus case they just read their market incorrectly and got called on that. Its a fair play. What and how they fix it will likely not affect sales in the short term but socks are a generic product. It's not like they can say well income bracket X isn't our target so we can ignore that outrage. It doesn't help that their reps attitudes aligns with the perception they created. They need to have a outside view of how they are perceived in the whole market not just rc cmamongst friends and stellenbosch bike shops.

The smart thing is change for the better but also to understand why that change is necessary

Sexy fits my wide feet better than versus too

So there's that

The old versus socks were kinda nice, except for the cuff. 

The new ones get too hot and sweaty = stinky feet. Too much synthetic materials in there. 

Those Cwc Cam ones are even hotter, can only wear them in winter. Will look for something else next time I'm buying socks, maybe look at Falke again - I've an old pair that's quite okay.

Edited by stefmeister

The old versus socks were kinda nice, except for the cuff. 

The new ones get too hot and sweaty = stinky feet. Too much synthetic materials in there. 

Those Cwc Cam ones are even hotter, can only wear them in winter. Will look for something else next time I'm buying socks, maybe look at Falke again - I've an old pair that's quite okay.

supercaz is quite nice for summer and the colours are vibrant.

SOX i?grumpy Monkey is well priced, comfortable and not so sweaty. These and Sexy probably make up 80% of my socks. With WFH i wear them to work too