Parkhurst/Greenside/Linden rides

Andrie

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a riding group or buddy in the Parkhurst/Greenside/Linden area. I try to ride the Spruit (MTB) on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon. I do 45 to 60 km per ride at around 20 km/h ave speed. On a Sunday I normally do a 100 km road ride from Parkhurst, past Boad Acres, through the cradle and back via Ontdekkers. This at around 27 km/h. Would love to hear from guys or girls who do something similar.

Cheers!

i live in the area. i will start riding in the mornings ( tues + thurs ) on the spruit from middle sept. will also look at longer rides on the spruit over weekends. i do go quite a bit slower than you though.

So you are the kind of lucky buggers I drive past on my way to work or back home.. :P

Cycling whilst others are "enjoying" the traffic. ;)

I am in for mornings on the Spruit - what time? 05h00 / 05h30? Been a bit sick, so 20kmph is a bit off but not too much. (sorry for underline, stupid internet explorer)

I try to do a 20km dash on Wednesday arvies from Victory Park shopping centre to Hurlingham and back... starting around 4.30PM, av speed about 15+ a bit

• 3 months later...

I have just moved to Parkhurst Johannesburg and like to join roadies in the area on early morning rides. Please point me on the right direction.

Many thanks

I have just moved to Parkhurst Johannesburg and like to join roadies in the area on early morning rides. Please point me on the right direction.

Many thanks

How fast do you want to ride? There are a couple of road groups in the area - but pretty fast...

PM me and we can make a plan for Friday morning early ride and I can walk you through all the groups around.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a riding group or buddy in the Parkhurst/Greenside/Linden area. I try to ride the Spruit (MTB) on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon. I do 45 to 60 km per ride at around 20 km/h ave speed. On a Sunday I normally do a 100 km road ride from Parkhurst, past Boad Acres, through the cradle and back via Ontdekkers. This at around 27 km/h. Would love to hear from guys or girls who do something similar.

Cheers!

What time do you leave on Fridays? I am up for a couple of rides around lunchtimes.

I need a bike service. Please recommend a bike shop in the Parkhurst area or surrounding. I work in Sandton so that might also work.

Many thanks