Project BLACK: Part 3 - The Light Enduro Build

Nick

South Africa’s the leader in MTB stage races, but it is also adopting enduro racing with fervour. Fast catching on around South Africa, this discipline attracts a new breed of rider: from XCO and DH. Does that mean you need another bike in your garage? We’d say yes (as you can never have too many), but the bank manager might having something to say about that…

Click here to view the article

TheV,

I'm sure you'd be first in line with "Just need another bike" and a excuse all ready and polished to be used.

G

Really? You can't be serious this time. Just delete the post and let's all pretend it didn't happen.

Jaa nee.. Think they can stop pushing this bike now, getting a bit tired of it

That unbalanced suspension is a receipy for desaster and they should know better. Throw in Pat Morewood's name into the mix and everyone beleves what they are saying, but when ridden hard this settup will send you flying.

With 130mm up front and 80mm on the back you'll get "bucked" on big hits..

The rear will be ramping up when the fork is still flying through its mid travel sending your momentum and weight forward.

Ad steep downhills a bit of speed and some big hits as you'll find in Enduro and you will be sent over the bars no matter what your skill level.

Why spend so much time with their **Superbike** just design a Enduro bike,do it the right way. There is one design flaw with this bike which is very similar to the Pyga and that is this the suspension design induces brake jack.But with the issues of patents and stuff you are limited to what you can do and use.

Edited by MariusKlokie

Why spend so much time with their **Superbike** just design a Enduro bike,do it the right way. There is one design flaw with this bike which is very similar to the Pyga and that is this the suspension design induces brake jack.But with the issues of patents and stuff you are limited to what you can do and use.

To "just design" a bike? It sounds like it takes 5 minutes, @MariusKlokie ;-)

Any SA brand I will support. PYGA and Momsen Bikes all the way!!

They're not claiming that this is a world beater....merely emphasizing the versatility of the VIPA frame. I agree with HAiry....trail bike would maybe be a better description...but that wouldnt have invoked any kind debate....hehe

Its like a Polo Cross, or Nissan Juke....."not quite....but somewhere in between"

To "just design" a bike? It sounds like it takes 5 minutes, @MariusKlokie ;-)

Any SA brand I will support. PYGA and Momsen Bikes all the way!!

I did not say I will not support SA brands and I did not say that it takes 5 minutes to design a bike,all I pointed out was a design flaw and there are a lot of guys who know that and will confirm it. I really do think Momsen must design a Enduro bike,I am not a race snake or marathoner so the Vipa is not really my thing. Don't get me wrong it's a good looking bike but Enduro rigs are way better for me,and I really do support SA brands and believe in them.

Those tyres are also not very #ENDURO specific or even really much of a trail tyre either from the looks of things.

Those tyres are also not very #ENDURO specific or even really much of a trail tyre either from the looks of things.

Those are their XC tires made by Arisun,they need some aggressive tires on their.