Goodbye Eagle Canyon Cycles

Flashfozzy

Probably the same as yours, seeing that you always wear one ;)

Talking about lids. I had to replace my 5y old Prevail after cracking it in a crash last week.

Was planning to benefit from crash replacement Spez deal and found out that only holds for first 2 year. Upon querying, found out that it is recommended to replace your helmet every 2 years as the foam gets soft over time.

Am I the only one who rides their helmet for way longer than 2 years (unless it breaks within that period)?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But how are the menstrual cramps now?

Well that's just great. Now Coppi is putting the whole Hub in jeopardy. 

Flip I didn't know he worked in my hood and used the same LBS as me. How long has he been gone now?

November 2016

After supporting Eagle Canyon Cycles from the start, I was shocked to walk in there on Friday to be greeted with a nearly empty shop and a youngster who looked very much like a Cajee Cycles employee.

Sad to see the only known face was the mechanic, Josh. Who like always did his best to help with very limited resources.

Apparently it was sold to new owners 3 weeks ago.

Sorry but i will not be back.

Probably leaving the country with the rest of the skilled workforce :lol:

Talking about lids. I had to replace my 5y old Prevail after cracking it in a crash last week.

Was planning to benefit from crash replacement Spez deal and found out that only holds for first 2 year. Upon querying, found out that it is recommended to replace your helmet every 2 years as the foam gets soft over time.

Am I the only one who rides their helmet for way longer than 2 years (unless it breaks within that period)?

Ha, inspecting one's helmet every now and then is also a good idea. I had a monstrous climb a while back, and upon cresting the top, I had a sit down to avoid the fainting into heart attack spell, as I was going full tilt up that hill.  Anyway, I pull my lid of my head to cool down, and proceeded to give it a good look, seeing as that was about all I could do at the time, only to notice a rather large crack halfway up the inside from the back. I rode it like that for more than 2 months since having a bit of a lie down, where I thought I came away unscathed.

That was my excuse to get a new Leatt.

I am still here and fine, chill okes.................. :ph34r:

I'm curios. Why all the "................................................................................................................."?

(I am not getting involved in your business ethics chat. I am just honestly curious)

simon says................. :cursing:

Oh and its Coppi, the famous cyclist in case you never knew............

Bud - seriously - you genuinely need to get some lessons in how not to piss off customers on social media - because if that is how you treat them, they are leaving already, and you won't have a business soon.

I say this with only your best interest at heart - that said, I also know the way to a happy life is not to engage with idiots.... so consider my free advice worth what you paid for it - and probably what you will be able to sell your business for if you carry on with this approach.

I'm curios. Why all the "................................................................................................................."?

(I am not getting involved in your business ethics chat. I am just honestly curious)

I am Italian, I get frustrated that I cannot talk with my hands on this forum................

I had similar issues with Eagle Canyon Cycles, fairly friendly but always forgetting to do various things when servicing my bike.

With that attitude you wouldn't deserve a cent of my hard earned cash..

It's this attitude that chase people out of your store and into the stores of your competitors.

People open stores to make money, deliver a service and supply a need or want. Not to make people question whether they should share the same planet as you.

Grow a pair and do your job, and if you're having a bad day take a time out go watch those youtube vids with the cute animals or something..

But get over yourself or get another line of work..

coppi isnt the owner of the store

so you comment is kinda misplaced

Edited by rorydewet

I've experienced the same at ECC. Luckily I found Josh 5km down the road.Or Sheldon at Cycle United 2km UP the road opposite entrance to Eagle Canyon Estate and next to Dan The Trailerman...had nothing but excellent personal service there....