Get ready for the 2015 Absa Cape Epic new route

News bot

The annual highlight on the Absa Cape Epic calendar (besides the race of course) is just around the corner! The much-anticipated launch of the 2015 route will take place in the mother city for the very first time on 22 October.

Click here to view the article

A little birdie (actualy our local newspaper) told me the 2015 Epic finish at Lourensford will be no more!! Too much traffic problems apparently...

Sorry to burst your bubble but i am not waiting in anticipation .Only in the Ladies & Bicycles thread that happens

They will traversing some of the winefarms in constantia - apparently coming out somewhere near the Nek.

I have not done this race for a few years now and have no intention of going to do it again. So I don't get excited about the route reveal and would certainly not attend the launch function.

I will look at the route profiles and destination towns closer to the race for interest sake in the same way that I look at other big stage races in RSA.

Is there still the hype and buzz for other riders?

The Cape Epic is so very same old,same old and is likely to become boring and result in less repeat riders as the years roll by, over the same routes.

Time for Epic to start travelling, for the Epic Journey to hit the trails. Depart from Lourensford, say goodbye and start travelling up the coast to Durbs and then on to the Mpumalanga region. Make this a multi-year year Journey, ending in Cape Town for the 20th anniversary.

The Cape Epic is so very same old,same old and is likely to become boring and result in less repeat riders as the years roll by, over the same routes.

Time for Epic to start travelling, for the Epic Journey to hit the trails. Depart from Lourensford, say goodbye and start travelling up the coast to Durbs and then on to the Mpumalanga region. Make this a multi-year year Journey, ending in Cape Town for the 20th anniversary.

That will be way to expensive and difficult for the celebs and exarro .The entry fee will go to > R100k for the profits to remain the same .Maybe R95k then the riders have to make their own breakfast