Dark Horse Brands appointed as exclusive distributor for Trek & Bontrager in South Africa

News bot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

There is no change in company name, Dark Horse Brands is an entirely new company that has been awarded the distribution rights for Trek & Bontrager after they decided not to renew their contract with Royalty Sports.

Some staff that were working with the Trek Brand before have moved across to Dark Horse to try and maintain some continuity.

We are well aware of the situation wrt the distribution of Trek & Bontrager in SA, as is Trek and we are committed to re-establishing the Trek brand as a major player in SA.

PS: We are in no way involved with Dark Horse Wheels.

It's on my to do list.

Just got bigger fish to fry at the moment :mellow:

Now that we have you on the line:

The article say very little. What are the areas that you will be focusing on in the next few months? Where do Trek owners go with warrantee claims etc? Any pro athletes that you are looking at sponsoring for 2015 for us to look out for?

Well that is going to cause some confusion!!... as you state you a new company, could you not have picked a name which may or may not have perceived affiliations with other companies?

We did a name search when looking at names and Dark Horse Wheels did not even register.......

We did a name search when looking at names and Dark Horse Wheels did not even register.......

Save the search results

Even better, get the name copyrighted asap.

Now that we have you on the line:

The article say very little. What are the areas that you will be focusing on in the next few months? Where do Trek owners go with warrantee claims etc? Any pro athletes that you are looking at sponsoring for 2015 for us to look out for?

Our initial focus is on re establishing product supply to the market and building a dealer network worthy of the Trek brand. A bit vague I know, but you really don't want to know all the nuts & bolts, suffice it to say that our goal is to set the benchmark for service levels in the industry.

WRT warranty claims consumers can contact us directly to start the claim process, but it will need to be finalised through a cycle dealer in the Trek network.

At this stage we will continue to support the riders that are currently riding on Trek.

Anything else?

Trek Bicycle Corporation, makers of the world’s greatest bikes .......

Coffee all over my keyboard. I have not read anything so devoid of objective credence since the presidency responded to the public protector's Nkandla report.

Our initial focus is on re establishing product supply to the market and building a dealer network worthy of the Trek brand. A bit vague I know, but you really don't want to know all the nuts & bolts, suffice it to say that our goal is to set the benchmark for service levels in the industry.

WRT warranty claims consumers can contact us directly to start the claim process, but it will need to be finalised through a cycle dealer in the Trek network.

At this stage we will continue to support the riders that are currently riding on Trek.

Anything else?

Thanks for the quick reply. Can I then assume that the dealers currently listed on Trek's website is current?