Dark Horse Brands appointed as exclusive distributor for Trek & Bontrager in South Africa

News bot

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no issue or confusion in buying a set of darkhorse wheels for my new trek bike distributed by dark horse brand. At the end of the day its darkhorse wheels, trek bicycles.

Our initial focus is on re establishing product supply to the market and building a dealer network worthy of the Trek brand. A bit vague I know, but you really don't want to know all the nuts & bolts, suffice it to say that our goal is to set the benchmark for service levels in the industry.

WRT warranty claims consumers can contact us directly to start the claim process, but it will need to be finalised through a cycle dealer in the Trek network.

At this stage we will continue to support the riders that are currently riding on Trek.

Anything else?

Mr Mulebar, perhaps you can offer advice on my Trek warranty question as per my post earlier please:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/142805-trek-warranty-question-avid-elixir-brake-problem/

PS: We are in no way involved with Dark Horse Wheels.

We did a name search when looking at names and Dark Horse Wheels did not even register.......

Anything else?

Yes, I have something else.

You make a point of saying that you are not involved with Dark Horse Wheels. Nobody had asked at that stage.

You claim you did a name search and for whatever reason their name didn't come up. Your first statement proves that you knew of their existence, no matter what the name search did or didn't reveal. Yet you went ahead and used the name anyway. You couldn't just pick up the phone and ask them before pulling this bully BS?

Poor form imo. Pisspot poor.

Mr Mulebar, perhaps you can offer advice on my Trek warranty question as per my post earlier please:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/142805-trek-warranty-question-avid-elixir-brake-problem/

hey jesilvaltd' the correct way to do it is to contact the bike shop you bought the bike from, let them know you having issues with the brake, they would then contact the avid agents (cape cycle systems ,they in cape town so you can drop it off)they will process a warrenty for you.

You make a point of saying that you are not involved with Dark Horse Wheels. Nobody had asked at that stage.

You claim you did a name search and for whatever reason their name didn't come up. Your first statement proves that you knew of their existence, no matter what the name search did or didn't reveal. Yet you went ahead and used the name anyway. You couldn't just pick up the phone and ask them before pulling this bully BS?

I have to agree with Falco, the moment you said PS we have nothing to do with Darkhorse wheels, you admitted that you knew of them and their name yet still chose pretty much the same name which will cause confusion to the uneducated and ill informed.

If you have been in the cycling industry long enough to build up a portfolio and be able to take on board the likes of Trek, then you will have definitely heard of Darkhorse wheels even if you had no dealings with them

hey jesilvaltd' the correct way to do it is to contact the bike shop you bought the bike from, let them know you having issues with the brake, they would then contact the avid agents (cape cycle systems ,they in cape town so you can drop it off)they will process a warrenty for you.

Thanks tikki :thumbup:

I have to agree with Falco, the moment you said PS we have nothing to do with Darkhorse wheels, you admitted that you knew of them and their name yet still chose pretty much the same name which will cause confusion to the uneducated and ill informed.

If you have been in the cycling industry long enough to build up a portfolio and be able to take on board the likes of Trek, then you will have definitely heard of Darkhorse wheels even if you had no dealings with them

Just remind me, what's the problem again?

Go for it Mulebar guy. Best of luck with your endeavours - heck you need it, transformation is not easy.

We only found out about Dark Horse Wheels after we had registered our company and started communicating to IBD's. As a Limited company we are registered on a different system to Dark Horse Wheels as a Closed Corporation, hence their name did not come up and Dark Horse whatever is by no means original.

There are about 20 other Dark Horse Companies registered in SA, we chose the name as it resonates with where we feel our brands are in the market place.

Can you please explain what bully BS are you referring to? Surely stating that we are not involved with Dark Horse Wheels is merely stating a fact to clarify any confusion?

Not to rain on your parade, but they would have heard of them AFTER registering their name, and before posting on the Hub, right? Therefore once performing a more thorough search, what was initially thought to be an unused name (which they subsequently used) they then found out was used (after having registered / used the name Dark Horse)

The Hub is not the place where names are registered. They found out about Dark Horse Wheels, and therefore, in an attempt to maintain clarity, they illustrated the disconnect in their initial post.

No malice or ill intention there, guys.

That's higher on my priority list than a website :-)

You might just become a real good friend to some of us. She knows the local Batty Army well..

Just remind me, what's the problem again?

Go for it Mulebar guy. Best of luck with your endeavours - heck you need it, transformation is not easy.

There's no problem, just clarifying that as Dark Horse Brands we are not affiliated to Dark Horse Wheels just as we are not affiliated to Dark Horse Comics, Investments, Finance, Distributors etc.

Not sure why some hubbers have got there panties in a knot about the fact that we're just trying to clarify who sells what.

so it was the bicycle company, then it became royalty sports, now this? same people, different name again?

https://www.bikehub.co.za/features/_/industry-news/the-bicycle-company-changes-name-to-royalty-sports-r1333

"Royalty Sports have appointed local businessman, Mr. Chad O’Riordan to its Board as sales director with immediate effect.

And now:

"Says Chad O’Riordan, Managing Director of Dark Horse Brands: “We’re excited at the opportunity..."

Mmmm, makes you wonder.