Review: Onza Canis 29 x 2.25 Tyres

Matt

Though a little before my mountain biking time, Onza (or OnZa) was one of the big brands in mountain bike tyres and other components in the late nineties. While the brand faded away in the early 2000’s more recently a swiss-based company relaunched the Onza brand and range of tyres.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been running this tyre on the rear with no issues, did however change to a renegade for baviaans, I needed to be a tad faster.

Punctures - rock resistance, any burping off the rim, ideal pressure?

All covered in the review. Although no specific mention of burping, but I had no issues there with either rim tested.

All covered in the review. Although no specific mention of burping, but I had no issues there with either rim tested.

Showee, sorry. must learn to read a bit better...

Useless tyre. Had a puncture (mainly sidewall) just about every ride until I got fed up and put tubes in. Since then, no issues. I cannot recommend these tyres sorry

Been running Ibex front, Canis rear for more than a year: no problems. Awesome tyres. In fact: Only tyres that, when the current set is finished, I would replace with the same mix since started cycling in 2000. (haven't had ANY puncture issues at all)

They are almost 150 grams heavier than their competition and only the 60 tpi reasoning for better sidewall explanation, which does not seem to work anyway. So, not a great prospect.

Useless tyre. Had a puncture (mainly sidewall) just about every ride until I got fed up and put tubes in. Since then, no issues. I cannot recommend these tyres sorry

Same sidewall cut in first race.

I started the Epic with 2 new ones on my LBS's advise. I had a sidewall cut on the back tire on day 1, changed back to Geax Saguaro.

Out of interest - were you guys running the 120tpi or 60tpi version?

Were you running the 120TPI or the 60TPI's? 60's are more robust and I've had zero issues!