Cape Uplift Days

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Hey all.

I'm starting an uplift service. There's a FB group called Cape Uplift Days. Go join.

We'll be charging R100 per day. Uplifts will start at 9 and end at 3. Numbers will be limited so if you don't have any mechanicals you could easily get in 10 plus runs in a morning.

We're hoping to get all of the land owners/build crews buy in as the plan is to push some of the profits back into the trails.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my misunderstanding here... but when you say uplifts are you referring to getting picked up from the bottom of the hill with your bike and dropped off at the top? :stupid:

Guest Omega Man

Excuse my misunderstanding here... but when you say uplifts are you referring to getting picked up from the bottom of the hill with your bike and dropped off at the top? :stupid:

Yes.

If you combine this with a service where you pick the XC guys up from the top of the hill and drive them down, you can make double the money!

HAHA! Snap!

Guest Omega Man

And for the XC guys will you pick us up at the top and drive us to the bottom?

I'm hoping that some you okes get tempted across to the dark side.

Lekker project!

Would that be R100 per person and what would the max and min no of people be in order to book and then also how long would the service be available, ie how much time do the riders get.

Sorry if this is coveredo on your fb page, but I don't do fb ;)

Lekker project!

Would that be R100 per person and what would the max and min no of people be in order to book and then also how long would the service be available, ie how much time do the riders get.

Sorry if this is coveredo on your fb page, but I don't do fb ;)

9 to 3, as many runs as possible, R 100 per person excl entry to the trails of the day.

Right, Duane?

Guest Omega Man

9 to 3, as many runs as possible, R 100 per person excl entry to the trails of the day.

Right, Duane?

Indeedy.

I spoke to Jan today (Steilte for the boys who don't know) and he's given us the go ahead. We won't only do Steilte but it's certainly not a bad place to start. There are some proper good things going on there.

We'll set it up so the boys can leave their cars at the farm stall and take them up to Steilte so their cars don't get ruined. The R100 covers the shuttles so you'll still have to pay to access the trails or be a member.

We'll limit the numbers so you won't spend all day in a queue.

Guest Omega Man

How many shuttle buggies will there be?

There's 1 at the moment but Karl is in the process of buying a single cab 4x4. We're building a structure that will allow people to sit on the back of my truck comfortably.We won't be using dakine pickup pads. We're using trailers. Those pads ruin your bike if you aren't VERY careful. Especailly on a rough uplift road.

There's 1 at the moment but Karl is in the process of buying a single cab 4x4. We're building a structure that will allow people to sit on the back of my truck comfortably.We won't be using dakine pickup pads. We're using trailers. Those pads ruin your bike if you aren't VERY careful. Especailly on a rough uplift road.

Was wondering about that. A properly built trailer (like the one that was used at Contermans) is pivotal, and changes the game completely.

Guest Omega Man

We're holding our first uplift day at Steilte next Saturday. The trails are prime. We are limiting numbers to 22. If we're oversubscribed we'll have another day on Sunday.

If you want to join please pay R100 into the following Account.

Nedbank

Cheque Account

SA Alpine Addiction

Please make Your Reference your name and SAT for Saturday So I know who's paid.