Bike fittings

JeffD

Plus minus

how long is a piece of string 

How much does it cost? :ph34r: 

I paid R1500 for a proper bike fit in January 2016, to give you an idea. I doubt that you will get it done for much less than R1000, but that is just a guess.

What is the concensus regarding the "bike fit" that many of the bike shops do when you buy a bike ?

They do seem to go through the motions ....

I paid R1500 for a proper bike fit in January 2016, to give you an idea. I doubt that you will get it done for much less than R1000, but that is just a guess.

I paid two week ago the same and was very happy with service.

definitely not just going through the motions

What is the concensus regarding the "bike fit" that many of the bike shops do when you buy a bike ?

They do seem to go through the motions ....

While they are not everyone's cup of tea, the Spez BG fit comes as part of the the bike purchase as far as I understand.

Just had a bike fit done today at Stellies Spez shop and I would rate the experience as top notch ! Mainly because not once was it mentioned that I need to buy something extra for the bike. At every stage of the fit, it was this is what your measurements say, but how does this feel, how does that feel. And because of the system they use the changes are made while you are actually pedaling away so everything is instant.

Very recommended!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I went for a bike fit at Mike at SBR Sport.

What a pleasant experience and very professional.

Comparing to my bike fit I did a 3 years ago at a bike shop, this was done in more detail.

Went for a ride today and I am very happy MTBiker.

Will definitely recommend.