Bike Bus' - Add your route and get more people commuting

chaos_za

leaving Hout Bay at 6am 2x per week, not settled on the exact days yet - travelling via the Waterfront and into the commercial harbour, then exit and Paarden Eiland, and across the road into work.

Cheers

Chris

HI Chris,

Are you still doing the commute?

Mike

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any commuters from Durbanville area to Paarden Eiland/Maitland/Woodstock/Observatory/CPT?

Any commuters from Durbanville area to Paarden Eiland/Maitland/Woodstock/Observatory/CPT?

Morning Stefanx.

I ride from Durbanville (Eversdal) over Tiekiedraai to Century City.

Morning Stefanx.

I ride from Durbanville (Eversdal) over Tiekiedraai to Century City.

Hi samson99. do you have a route you can share? Would like to see how you travel that way? Want to start commuting next month if all goes well.

• 3 months later...

how is this working out for you, if you don't mind please post the route so others can benefit from it? Thanks

hi

Im kean to start commuting again to the northern burbs from southern burbs. let me know please?

Shaheed

• 8 months later...

I am interested to know if anyone has worked out safe/optimised routes from either city bowl/woodstock area to century city.

• 1 year later...

I'm very keen to start / join a once a week bus thing between the East of Pretoria and Rosebank - Jhb. 

I mean it will be a +/-110km round trip but I think it will be awesome - the other alternative would be to just start with an afternoon home 

I'm very keen to start / join a once a week bus thing between the East of Pretoria and Rosebank - Jhb. 

I mean it will be a +/-110km round trip but I think it will be awesome - the other alternative would be to just start with an afternoon home 

I'll get in on that action, very close to Lynnwood Bridge and work in Sandton.

Edit: Just need to figure out where to leave my bike at the office.

Edited by Roul

The other alternative would be to take the train to Sandton / Rosebank on a Friday morning and take the bike in a bag or so and then only cycle home to iron out the route. I know a guy who used to do it often but ya, small steps may be the first step  :thumbup:

I'll get in on that action, very close to Lynnwood Bridge and work in Sandton.

Edit: Just need to figure out where to leave my bike at the office.

• 2 weeks later...

I have done one or two days in the past from Plumstead to Century City ?

Which route would you go ? I am keen to try again depends on time of day.

Need a reason to force me to leave work on time and not be stuck late.

Have you started cycling to Century City yet? I am on course next week and would like to cycle. I am coming from Crawford side

Hi all,

I run a Bike Bus from Claremont on Friday mornings - leaving at 7am from Palmyra. We ride according to the group. And generally have a coffee when we get into the CBD - Seattle or Bootleggers.

We do a MountainMute every now and again where we peddle over Rohodes Memorial into town to freshen things up a bit.

If you're keen join the whatsapp group here (we don't post noise on there) ---> 

https://chat.whatsapp.com/E8oOcCFDB3tE5MbQcBHMHu

I ride in most days in the week, so does other people on the group so welcome to tag along.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

HI Chris,

Are you still doing the commute?

Mike

I gave it a break, but am considering starting up again...01st October...