Tread Buffalo Category announced for The Munga

News bot

Five months after it was launched, the TREAD Buffalo Category, a new weight division for premium South African mountain bike races, has gained significant popularity and will now also be included in the inaugural edition of The Munga, which takes place in South Africa from 3-8 December 2014.

Click here to view the article

So you pay you (R100k) entry and if you win you get your next one free?

You know what that reminds me of - the Eat the Giant Burger type competitions you get at certain restaurants - get your name on the wall and the next one free.

So you pay you (R100k) entry and if you win you get your next one free?

You know what that reminds me of - the Eat the Giant Burger type competitions you get at certain restaurants - get your name on the wall and the next one free.

Not quite:

The first team to cross the finish line wins$ 750 000.

The second team to cross the finish line wins $ 100 000. The 3rd team wins $ 50 000. The 4th team through to the 10th team each win an entry into next years race.

Not quite:

The first team to cross the finish line wins$ 750 000.

The second team to cross the finish line wins $ 100 000. The 3rd team wins $ 50 000. The 4th team through to the 10th team each win an entry into next years race.

Clearly the ability to click on a link and read it is not a prerequisite before contradicting a post on the hub. But to save you the effort I have done that for you and used copy paste to save you the effort:

"Harris confirmed that the winning team in the TREAD Buffalo Category at the 2014 The Munga would also receive a free entry into the 2015 The Munga as part of the weight-division category prize." About half way down the article...

Which is also why at the very beginning it's mentioned

"the organisers have made one The Munga entry available to the top TREAD Buffalo Category team at next week’s Isuzu Trucks PE-Plett four-day stage race."

And also halfway down.

“We’ve chosen the Isuzu Trucks PE-Plett event to give away that The Munga TREAD Buffalo entry"