Meintjes excels on La Vuelta queen stage

News bot

The 16th stage of the Vuelta a Espana would be the defining stage in terms of the General Classification. The severity of the course made sure it was a very select group of favourites that arrived at the base of the final 16km climb to Lagos de Somiedo. Among the big names in the GC group, Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung had 2 representatives in the form of 22 year old Louis Meintjes and our Spaniard Sergio Pardilla.

Click here to view the article

Great to show the world we not just there to make up the numbers!! Very, very well done!!

These guys must train in Europe I assume, no way to get used to that amount of climbing training in SA. (I assume, living in cape town)

If I remember correctly he was in 5th spot. Awsome job young man.

16th or something

5th was a few stages ago

Still spectacular learning curve for the 22year old

been really exciting catching the highlights...way more 'racing' than seen in the tour, AND our boys are participating not just there for the numbers.

10610692_10152618062480255_6279748161201529466_n.jpg?oh=de4f556846f37ed811f0b7a73569da14&oe=54885C41

edit: picture credit Andrew King