So far everyones advice is MUCK, well for me anyway..... :thumbdown:

Doing the Dr Evil before. :clap:

Tuesday :Long spin class

Wed, rest day cos i am flying.

Thursday : 70 km with 1320m ascenrt :wacko:

Friday : Calm day : 80 km, 1650 m ascent :eek:

Sat : Push real hard : 50 km 900m ascent :o

Sunday : Bleed :devil:

Dr Evil website says i should ride like a maniac..... they claim new research says so, ......so i guess it must be true.

You forgot the 1st step... HIll2Hill...105km....1700m ascent on the Sunday before.

Tapering :w00t:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha.

Rob : Sorry got a braai on that day..... Doing 90 km ride on Sunday anyway... road, cos my bike will be in transit...

Dear Oscar.

I will be sleeping under the nearest tree. Feel free to hook your rope in and join me.

• 1 year later...

Im having spagetti, a couple of Amstels and and brandy or two. Spagetti for carbo-load. Amstel for guts and Olofberg for "Nah I got this".

Moenie die onderste helfte van die bottel rooiwyn vergeet nie - al daai antioksidante help vir die krampe teen Simola se opdraand.....

• 5 years later...

REVIVE!

So my wife has made it her new years resolution to do her first Karoo 2 Coast in September, aiming for sub 7 hrs. The last time she was on her bike was with the 2019 Around the Pot 100km race.

I remember a few years ago seeing a website with a K2C training program you could follow. The website kinda looks like a calendar if I remember correctly.. But for the life of me, I can't find it again!! Anybody maybe have a link to it?

Off course I can give her tips or create a training program for her, but anything that comes out of my mouth cycling related is met with resistance 95% of the time.

Just the mere fact that she decided to do something cycling related again has me astound..I don't want to push her too hard in any direction, otherwise she'll just drop the whole idea again..so, the training tips/program can't come from me haha.

Edit: I think it was www.fittrack.co.za , but doesn't seem to exist anymore. Anywhere else I can find a similar training program for K2C?

Edited by JohanDiv

Don't think its gonna happen with more lockdown restrictions looming.

I also have my doubts, but I'm not telling her.. I want to see her back on the bike training. Sunday coffee rides with my wife I enjoyed more than with my mates  :ph34r:  

if memory serves me correctly, you could download an Excel spreadsheet from their website, giving some rough estimates of what a training programme would look like. I dont see it on their website, but i might have it saved somewhere. I will post it here if i find it.

REVIVE!

So my wife has made it her new years resolution to do her first Karoo 2 Coast in September, aiming for sub 7 hrs. The last time she was on her bike was with the 2019 Around the Pot 100km race.

I remember a few years ago seeing a website with a K2C training program you could follow. The website kinda looks like a calendar if I remember correctly.. But for the life of me, I can't find it again!! Anybody maybe have a link to it?

Off course I can give her tips or create a training program for her, but anything that comes out of my mouth cycling related is met with resistance 95% of the time.

Just the mere fact that she decided to do something cycling related again has me astound..I don't want to push her too hard in any direction, otherwise she'll just drop the whole idea again..so, the training tips/program can't come from me haha.

Edit: I think it was www.fittrack.co.za , but doesn't seem to exist anymore. Anywhere else I can find a similar training program for K2C?

My wife did her first and only K2C in 2019 in freezing cold conditions, rains, etc.

She came in just under 7 hours.

Training was mainly 40km rides along beach road in Blouberg where there is almost no elevation.

She rode CTCT in around 5 hours

We did Tokai mast once as final big prep ride to get some elevation in under the belt. 

One or two gravel travel events also helped.

In a nutshell K2C is very doable in 7 hours without having to really overthink it.

REVIVE!

Unfortunately their website seems to be "down" best bet is search old K2C threads here & hope someone posted the program there.

post-3951-0-76307800-1610404706_thumb.jpg

REVIVE!

There are a number of "off the peg" training programs to get someone to do a 100km race, or even a first 100km race. Look for one like that, it doesn't have to be K2C specific.

IIRC, British cycling have a free one on their website.