LFRV - Low Fat Raw Vegan Diet

So I was reading a bit about the Low Fat Raw Vegan diet and was wondering if anyone follows it or something similar, and if so, what has the effects been on cycling/sports performance?

I was thinking of trying it because of my love for animals, but then I realized "what kind of A hole would eat the animals food?"

So now I'm on the NFOW diet. (NO FOOD ONLY WATER)

Surely no-one believes that is what we were designed to eat.

To many taste buds in my mouth and far to sensitive a nose to think we were meant eat that way

The Meat Fix: How A Lifetime of Healthy Eating Nearly Killed Me - http://www.amazon.co...=john nicholson

For twenty-six long years, John Nicholson was a vegetarian. No meat, no fish, no guilt. He was a walking advert for healthy eating. Brown rice, lentils, tofu, fruit, vegetables, low fat and low cholesterol in the battle of good food versus bad, he should have been on the winning side.

But the exact opposite was true: his diet was making him ill. Really ill. Joint pain? Tick. Exhaustion? Tick. Chronic IBS and piles? Tick, tick. Not to mention the fat belly and the sky-high cholesterol. His mind may have forgotten its taste for flesh and blood but had his body?

Tired of being sick, John decided to do the unthinkable: eat meat and eat lots of it. Going against all the official healthy-eating advice, he returned to an old fashioned red-blooded, full-fat, high-cholesterol diet. The results were spectacular. Twenty-four hours later, he felt better. After forty-eight hours he was fighting fit. Twelve months on, he had become a new person.

His health was utterly transformed. He was first shocked, then delighted, then damn angry. The Meat Fix charts one man s journey to the top of the food chain, uncovering in the process an alternate universe of research condemning everything we think we know about healthy eating as little more than illusion, guesswork and marketing.

The body is a temple but, as John Nicholson discovered, we may have forgotten how to worship it.

Edited by jcza

The Meat Fix: How A Lifetime of Healthy Eating Nearly Killed Me - http://www.amazon.co...=john nicholson

For twenty-six long years, John Nicholson was a vegetarian. No meat, no fish, no guilt. He was a walking advert for healthy eating. Brown rice, lentils, tofu, fruit, vegetables, low fat and low cholesterol in the battle of good food versus bad, he should have been on the winning side.

But the exact opposite was true: his diet was making him ill. Really ill. Joint pain? Tick. Exhaustion? Tick. Chronic IBS and piles? Tick, tick. Not to mention the fat belly and the sky-high cholesterol. His mind may have forgotten its taste for flesh and blood but had his body?

Tired of being sick, John decided to do the unthinkable: eat meat and eat lots of it. Going against all the official healthy-eating advice, he returned to an old fashioned red-blooded, full-fat, high-cholesterol diet. The results were spectacular. Twenty-four hours later, he felt better. After forty-eight hours he was fighting fit. Twelve months on, he had become a new person.

His health was utterly transformed. He was first shocked, then delighted, then damn angry. The Meat Fix charts one man s journey to the top of the food chain, uncovering in the process an alternate universe of research condemning everything we think we know about healthy eating as little more than illusion, guesswork and marketing.

The body is a temple but, as John Nicholson discovered, we may have forgotten how to worship it.

There are a few points that his Vegetarian Diet is different to the Low Fat Raw Vegan Diet.

-He consumed tofu/soy and depending on the quantities he ate has a Carb/Fat/Protein ratio of 13% carbs, 35% fats and 52% Protein. think LCHF ratios.

-Phytoestrogens which are found in soy/tofu mimics estrogen, which has led to weight gain in humans.

Was his food in the vegetarian diet cooked, which could lead to nutreint loss and what was his activity levels during the vegetarian phase and then his meat eating phase. Lots of variables here to make a quick conclusion

Edited by Winstonian1984

There are a few points that his Vegetarian Diet is different to the Low Fat Raw Vegan Diet.

-He consumed tofu/soy and depending on the quantities he ate has a Carb/Fat/Protein ratio of 13% carbs, 35% fats and 52% Protein. think LCHF ratios.

-Phytoestrogens which are found in soy/tofu mimics estrogen, which has led to weight gain in humans.

Was his food in the vegetarian diet cooked, which could lead to nutreint loss and what was his activity levels during the vegetarian phase and then his meat eating phase. Lots of variables here to make a quick conclusion

Haven't read his book but personally I'm not interested in vegans. Enemies of good food they are.

Haven't read his book but personally I'm not interested in vegans. Enemies of good food they are.

I was just curios to know if any hubber follwed the regime and if so what the results were. I dont follow a diet, I eat whatever and ride a fair deal.