Chile and Brazil...?

hayleyearth

Anyone ever ridden awesome trails in Chile or Brazil?

Or have you heard about anything that ever made you think "I would love to ride that"?

Downhill and/or AM/trails kind of riding.......still deciding which bike I will take.

If all goes well I will be going in Feb 2015. Rio carnival and some riding in Chile :)

Or have you heard about anything that ever made you think "I would love to ride that"?

Downhill and/or AM/trails kind of riding.......still deciding which bike I will take.

If all goes well I will be going in Feb 2015. Rio carnival and some riding in Chile :)

finally someone with a broader vision for exciting riding venues :thumbup:

finally someone with a broader vision for exciting riding venues :thumbup:

Yeah, Morzine was great compared to what we have, but will I go back in the next couple of years? Probably not. There are just SO many other places to visit and to be honest, I guess I am more about the 'exploring new trails' than riding 'braking bumps in a bike park' type of rider. (Maybe I went in a bad year.)

Also there are just so many other bike parks in the world. One colleague of mine told me that he goes to Livigno, Italy each year to ski. I went to look at the riding there....yum yum... www.mottolino.com/en

There is just SO many places to go, unfortunatly I do not think I have enough years left in my life to experience all the places I still want to go. ^_^

No advice on the riding but have doen the carnival in Salvador, Bahia.

is an awesome party, make sure to bring plenty of headache pills, put your money in several places on your body and do not touch the local stuff called Phoo.

Oooh.... and expect to get your ass pinched cnstantly regardless of your gender

there is the tour of patagonia that starts in chile and heads across to the pacific indian

Edited by Stretch

there is the tour of patagonia that starts in chile and heads across to the pacific indian

To the Indian? How does that work?

there is the organised tours

http://www.patagonia...ina-chile.shtml

this one

Dates: 15th to 29th of November 2014

Duration: 14 days

Distance: 1.260 km ( 1000 km gravel road and 250 km on paved road). With support vehicle: 550 km (approx.)

Description: An adventure mountain bike trip that goes right into the heart of Patagonia. Connecting the Pacific and Atlantic ocean, crossing the Andes and riding through Patagonia along the Somuncurá plateau. We follow off the beaten roads and single track paths while discovering fantastic views and also meeting the local population

Places: Pacific ocean, Puerto Montt (Chile), Llanquihue lake, ascent to Osorno volcano, hot springs resort Aguas Calientes, crossing the Andes Puyehue pass (1.300mt), Penninsula Quetrihue (arrayanes forest), Villa La Angostura, Bariloche, Maquinchao, Somuncurá plateau, Telsen, Puerto Madryn Atlantic Ocean.

Difficulty: Medium to high. Daily 80 Km rides of 4 to 5 hrs. Divided in two sections ( morning - afternoon) . Short stops for water and snacks have been taken into consideration. The average speed is aprox. 22 Km./h . The wind blows from the west and we can almost guarantee that it will not be a problem.

Edited by Stretch

bugger - third times a charm.....atlantic!

Geography lesson!!!

http://www.iupui.edu/~g115/assets/mod03/oceans_map.JPG

If in Santiago, go up the twisty climb up the Andes. Tar but worth the climb. Then go fown it.

If I was taking my road bike maybe, but the bike I am planning to take wont be pleasant for that.