Flat pedal shoes (other than Five Ten)

GuyOnBike

This happens to me when my laces are tied too tight. Especially the top at the tie/knot area.

Something else that also helped-for me at least- i tilted my saddle ever so slightly down at the nose

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, if any of you end up getting numb feet please post, this is an on going dam issue i am having. I have heard guys who changed from five tens to 2fo's stopped getting it.

5.10 to RC and i’m still getting numb toes. I’m starting to give up and just accept it.

This happens to me when my laces are tied too tight. Especially the top at the tie/knot area.

Something else that also helped-for me at least- i tilted my saddle ever so slightly down at the nose

Interesting. I was wondering if this might have an impact on this. Worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on my brand new pair of five tens [imported] still numb toes, decided to do a 25 kay ride this morning with normal tekkies, no numb toes. I think my feet are a tad to wide for these five tens as i did feel that my small toes are being pressed in but with normal tekkies not at all. Someone mentioned those spaz 2fo shoes were much much better than anything else he tried, no more issues. I was thinking of RC's but if my feet are wide i cant afford the same issues.

Guys, if any of you end up getting numb feet please post, this is an on going dam issue i am having. I have heard guys who changed from five tens to 2fo's stopped getting it.

Leave your laces completely loose, this worked for me

I am on my brand new pair of five tens [imported] still numb toes, decided to do a 25 kay ride this morning with normal tekkies, no numb toes. I think my feet are a tad to wide for these five tens as i did feel that my small toes are being pressed in but with normal tekkies not at all. Someone mentioned those spaz 2fo shoes were much much better than anything else he tried, no more issues. I was thinking of RC's but if my feet are wide i cant afford the same issues.

RC also gives me numb toes. Almost worse than what my 5.10s did. Bit disappointed.

I’ll try it without laces done up tight. Right now they are fairly loose.

I will add though. It is getting better as the shoes get older. Myne one of those old school shoe stretchers could help.

I did try that as well, makes a small difference. I can feel my pinky toes being slightly squished once fitted, laces out, laces in, same thing, it just is what it is, my dam wide feet. Not sure if the 2fo's are broader, or maybe i must just give up and go back to clips.

Used to get numb toes with 5.10 Freerider Pros. Loosened the laces all the way down the shoe and then tensioned them all equally. Numb foot syndrome no more! Just note I had to upsize from a size US 9 to a size US 9.5 to get the correct length or my toes would be squashed. To get the size pot on I put some Dischem foam innersoles under the 5.10 ones and everything is good

Leave your laces completely loose, this worked for me

But if when you go OTB your takkies also go flying down the trail if the laces are loose :P

Thanx bob, interesting...

Used to get numb toes with 5.10 Freerider Pros. Loosened the laces all the way down the shoe and then tensioned them all equally. Numb foot syndrome no more! Just note I had to upsize from a size US 9 to a size US 9.5 to get the correct length or my toes would be squashed. To get the size pot on I put some Dischem foam innersoles under the 5.10 ones and everything is good

RC also gives me numb toes. Almost worse than what my 5.10s did. Bit disappointed.

I’ll try it without laces done up tight. Right now they are fairly loose.

I will add though. It is getting better as the shoes get older. Myne one of those old school shoe stretchers could help.

I have high foot arches and almost anything I buy off the shelf gives me numb outer toes on the bike. I Need more support Under my foot. If you have a pair of shoes with lighter soles that are lekker worn in...have a look inside or take the inner out. Compare to below. If it looks anything between high and normal you probably need more support inside your shoe under your arch. My right foot is even worse than that ‘high’ pic...it has a clean break between the heel and toes. Most shoes come stock standard with “platvoet” inners. I know for a fact the spaz ones do because i’m using the greens inside my clipless spaz shoes and thats two levels up from stock. (They come in stock(black or red aftermarket), blue(med), green(high).

post-64325-0-40928400-1606142567_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-88375700-1606142792_thumb.jpeg

Edited by morneS555

Ps...other method is to wet your foot in the shower and make a footprint on a piece of paper of cardboard or whatever.

OR

work barefoot in the garage stripping down your bike and cleaning the drive train THEN walking in the house over the bedroom carpets .......... or so "I have heard"