Shawn Benjamin

I had my mountain bike stolen on the afternoon of 11 September 2014 from my home in the Plumstead area at about 4.30 p.m. It is a black Scott Scale 910 with red handle bar grips. My garmin edge 800, light and rear light was also on the bike. The saddle is a Specialized Phenom. The bike now has 2 water bottle cages and geax-saguaro tyres. My contract number 0824910684. post-22176-0-41370000-1410611577_thumb.jpgpost-22176-0-41370000-1410611577_thumb.jpgE - mail sbimages@iafrica.com

• 2 months later...

Hi Shawn,

I just saw this add on Gumtree and thought I'd check the forum for reported bikes because it just looks very suspicious. http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-sports-bicycles-fitness/city-centre/scott-pro-mountain-bike-super-condition/1001217075270910007793809

It looks very much like yours, check it out quickly and see what you think, just not sure how you can trace them...

Cheers,

Lance

Just in case they decide to close the add, the guy's name is Vaughan and his number is 0734543360. Well that's what it says on the add, not sure how true it is.

Good luck Shawn, hope you get your bike back and these idiots pay for what they did, and most probably did before.

Cheers,

Lance

Nice one Lance!

That does look like a match, even if it isn't the same bike the ad must be for a stolen bike, what idiot sells that bike for R3500.

Take screenshots of all the guys ads to trace him if the bike ad disappears. You can also use google cache to find his ads if they get pulled.

Edited by Skylark

Saw OP hadn't been online in quite a while, dropped him an email to let him know what Lance found there. Hope he sees it soon, cause that does look like his bike!

Also hope this story has a happy ending,would be nice to have a Hero named 'Lance' as oppose to always being a villain....[emoji185]

Hi guys, I also dropped Shawn an sms when I sent him this message. He just replied and is looking at the add.

Hope he comes right, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick and tired of these thieving sons of b!tches getting away with it.

Good luck Shawn.

Hi guys, I also dropped Shawn an sms when I sent him this message. He just replied and is looking at the add.

Hope he comes right, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is sick and tired of these thieving sons of b!tches getting away with it.

Good luck Shawn.

Couldn't agree more!

Definitely looks like his, two bottle cages and Geax tyres. Not sure what happened to the red grips though.

Hopefully he keeps us updated.

Watching this with much interest. What are the chances of another bike just like that with the same tyres and saddle, cant see if the original bike also had time pedals..........Forget the police, just show up with 20 other hubbers......

Edited by MuddyMike

Has anybody tried calling or SMS'ing? I will happily tag along to go look if a time and place is specified.. lets intimidate the hell out of them.

And taking a closer look, the pedals look different across the pics?

Edited by Surv0MTB

Saddle is also different! But you will find the perps could easily swop out these items from another rig that they have lifted to throw people checking off the scent. Front tyre a GEAX too? No ways that gumtree ad is legit. You don't sell a scale 'pro' for 3.5 or 5.5K

Shawn was your frame a 20 something inch size? Can't make this out from your pics?