Rocky Bay

linuxlg

Has anyone been to Rocky bay in KZN. I was there today and did 40km. Stunning trail. Sugar cane ride, single track also included ( 15km) or so they say. Very well marked, I mean very well. Cost R20.

Really enjoyed it

Yes.My mother stays in Pennington and every time I'am down there all I do is ride those Trails.You get the three distances to choose from.Very well marked and has a good mix of farm roads,single track.Good climing and decends.Love it.Well maintained and marked.Good value for money,

• 9 months later...

Have just returned from a week at Rocky Bay. We stayed in the log cabins and rode a number of the trails which literally start on your doorstep. They are fantastic, well maintained, very well marked, really nice single tracks through beautiful patches of coastal bush and then some sections through the sugar cane on their farms roads. The walkers in our group also walked some of the shorter green routes and really enjoyed them too.

All in all a great place to ride, with excellent accommodation right on the beach, who could ask for more?

• 8 months later...

Heading here tomorrow any updates?

I have ridden there before.. some nice trials there.

Where is rocky bay,North or South coast? Camping at Mary Pebbles,Sabie currently.

Edited by corriekuilder

Where is rocky bay,North or South coast? Camping at Mary Pebbles,Sabie currently.

South, just past Scottburgh. Edited by Gen

Awesome trails and well worth the visit. Not the most challenging technically but lots of fun to be had none the less.