David George reduction in sanction

News bot

Cycling South Africa reports that David George has, as per the provisions in the SAIDS rules (Article 10.5.3 Substantial Assistance in Discovering or Establishing Anti-Doping Rule Violations), made application to SAIDS for a two-month reduction on his two-year sanction.

Click here to view the article

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He knows how to lay low... Been really quiet since he got banned. Would love to know what his plans are.

Not defending him (I am very pissed at him) but he took it on the chin. Did not request B sample. Did not waste resources with an appeal. Did his time. He complied with the rules. I don't like the rules but what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Not defending him (I am very pissed at him) but he took it on the chin. Did not request B sample. Did not waste resources with an appeal. Did his time. He complied with the rules. I don't like the rules but what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Yeah I too was so p-d off with him, but he didn't try and get himself out of a ban or make up a 'I didn't know' excuse he admitted to it and served his ban.

A 2 month reduction. For what? Asking nicely? He didn't name his suppliers or help the fight against drugs.

Pah - there is obviously something important he wants to race in under 2 months and SAIDS is helping a doper achieve his goals in cycling.

Silly if you ask me.

Take it properly on the chin David.

A 2 month reduction. For what? Asking nicely? He didn't name his suppliers or help the fight against drugs.

Pah - there is obviously something important he wants to race in under 2 months and SAIDS is helping a doper achieve his goals in cycling.

Silly if you ask me.

I agree. Lets see whether SAIDS reduces his ban or not. If they do, then Brandon Steward should apply for a 12 month reduction in his ban.

I agree. Lets see whether SAIDS reduces his ban or not. If they do, then Brandon Steward should apply for a 12 month reduction in his ban.

I understood that it has been given and he can race with immediate effect ...

The Panel has considered the application and has, under the provisions of the SAIDS Rules, determined that a two-month reduction be granted in respect of the sanction imposed. Mr. George’s period of ineligibility has therefore terminated on the 4 September 2014, making him eligible to compete with immediate effect.

Cycling South Africa respects the independence of the SAIDS process and its rules and regulations.

See if SAIDS reduces his ban or not?  Did you read the article?

Silly if you ask me.

Boom the voice of reason. He did nothing ito eliminating PED's, his statements sounded more like a justification exercise.

Munga...me thinks

Boom the voice of reason. He did nothing ito eliminating PED's, his statements sounded more like a justification exercise.

Munga...me thinks

Who's paying for his entry?