John-Lee Augustyn for Barloworld....

Spinnekop

This from Cyclingnews.com:

Barloworld signs young South African

Team Barloworld has penned a contract with the promising young South African rider, John-Lee Augustyn.

The 20-year old, who will join Team Barloworld in 2007, has had an impressive 2006 season after winning the under-23 South African road race title, the Tour de Lesotho title, and taking the award for the best climber in the Tour of Japan.

"I'm very excited to join Team Barloworld and this is one of my dreams coming true. They are a strong team and I look forward to riding with the experienced riders like Degano and Cox, from whom I can learn a lot," said Augustyn.

Augustyn, currently with team Konica Minolta, has also been selected for the South African under-23 men's team who will compete in the World Road Race Championships in Salzburg, next week.

Team Barloworld's 2006 stalwarts Enrico Degano, Ryan Cox, Alex Efimkin and Hugo Sabido have also signed their contracts with the team for the 2007 season.

ja good news indeed, just wondering who will be their "big signing" for 07 will be (read: euro pro in the autumn of his career who hasn't won anythibng for 2 seasons)

Depends on what you mean by Major.

Well done John-Lee!!! Hope you have a fantastic '07!

Craven2006-09-13 02:37:27

See James Perry has also renewed contract with TBL for 2007. Whats happening to Jeremy Maartens and Jock Green?