Impey included in Elite Men's team for Road World Champs in Spain

News bot

Apparently quite a hilly parcourse for the World's Roads in Spain - how will that suit Daryl and the Van's?  Wondering how Little Louis is going to fair in the under 23's, perhaps more suited to him?

he road race circuit is 18.2km long and is covered four times by the Women Juniors, 10 times by the Men Under 23, seven times by the Men Juniors, seven times by the Women Elite and 14 times by the Men Elite. Each lap begins by visiting the ancient centre of Ponferrada before the gradual three kilometres climb to Confederacion. A descent follows quickly before the shorter but steeper climb to Mirador. At the summit, the finish is just over two kilometres away, with a descent and then flat road bringing the riders back towards Ponferrada. A right turn with 500 metres remaining, is the final obstacle before the finish line.

Many of the leading favourites have already seen the road race course but opinion is divided if suits sprinters who are able to survive on the climbs or attacking riders who will use the two climbs per lap to break away. The Men Elite road race will include over 4000m of climbing, more than in Florence at the 2013 UCI Road World Championships and similar to that of some of the hardest one-day Classics in the UCI WorldTour calendar.