Garmin Edge 1000

RMmtb8r

Garmin Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd, announced the anticipated Edge 1000, a top of the range cycling computer made for cyclists who are looking for improved competitive, connective and navigational features.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning Hubbers

I've published the press release from Garmin Southern Africa announcing the Edge 1000. Click here to view the article.

Unfortunately, in the process of linking this earlier forum topic to the comments of the article, I accidentally overwrote RMmtb8r's original post. Please accept my apologies for this RMmtb8r. Feel free to edit the original post in your own words again, RMmtb8r.

from garmin site

edge 1000 - R9999

edge 810 - R7399

edge 510 - R5299

edge 200 - R1899

so you basically take the edge number and multiply it by 10?

(ok i had to ignore the 500 and 800 to make this work, but hey)

Hi Bill

Big difference in price between 810 and 1000, not sure if it is worth it

If you are going to be touring through other countries and dont have a clue where to ride ... this it the unit you want!

Been lucky enough to have been testing a 1000 for about a month now, very cool bit of kit but not something I'd take out on a MTB ride. The screen is significantly better than the 810 (sensitivity and colour) the wifi is very nice to have too. My only problem so far is that I can't set up different bike profiles - hopefully something that will be sorted out with some software upgrade. No I don't work for them !

Been lucky enough to have been testing a 1000 for about a month now, very cool bit of kit but not something I'd take out on a MTB ride. The screen is significantly better than the 810 (sensitivity and colour) the wifi is very nice to have too. My only problem so far is that I can't set up different bike profiles - hopefully something that will be sorted out with some software upgrade. No I don't work for them !

Just like CTD, I also have one - and it truly is amazing. I went from an Edge 500, to the 810, which was quite amazing, and now the Edge 1000. The difference is just as pronounced.

The touch screen is amazing - works in the rain and with gloves on. The access to info is impressive, and setup is so much easier. A nice touch is getting notifications from your phone on the device. As usual, the actual GPS stuff is top notch, and the new pickupless speed and cadence sensors are quite nice, and make transfer between bikes quite simple.

Concerning the bike profiles, this is what Garmin has to say:

• Added activity profile totals, which includes total distance, time, calories, and number of rides. If you miss the bike profile odometer feature, you can track totals by creating activity profiles for each bike.