Bestmed Jacaranda Satellite Classic (80km and 106km)

Marijan

Anyone else done this before? How well is the event usually organised? Is it an official seeding event for the momentum 2014 94.7 cycle challenge?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the 80km last year, nice race but not a seeding race for this years 94.7. Last race that counts towards seeding was Race4Victory.

You will enjoy this race if you like trucks overtaking you on the R560 to Hekpoort, with oncoming traffic.  No road closure on that section and no emergency lane/hard shoulder.  I've scratched this race off my list until it's safer.

I really enjoy this route. Hekpoort is a leg burner, and tends to split up the group so that there isn't a big bunch sprint at the finish.

Lets hope ASG has been paying attention to all the gripes, and does something to address them.

I really enjoy this route. Hekpoort is a leg burner, and tends to split up the group so that there isn't a big bunch sprint at the finish.

Lets hope ASG has been paying attention to all the gripes, and does something to address them.

I have always loved this race.There is another one that starts at the Bekkersdal School which does the same route basically but Hekpoort is in the beginning of the race.Is that still going?

This is a seeding event for the 2015 races only.

Apart from the traffic as previously mentioned, its quite a nice race with the leg burning Hekpoort in the middle.

Did the 80km last year, nice race but not a seeding race for this years 94.7. Last race that counts towards seeding was Race4Victory.

Is the Campus to Campus in Potch not the last seeding event for the 94.7?

I would like to know as i need another race for seeding. If i cant its too bad

Never done this race but it does look like a really nice route... will see closer to the time if I can make it through for this one

Is the 80km friendly enough for a noob training for the 94.7?

I would like to know as well.  Planning to do the 106 though.

Who is travelling through on the morning of the race and who is staying over the night before?